ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
This winter - I want to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
This winter I want to...
hike in the beautiful Arizona weather!!!!

Which is why I moved away from the snow. Very Happy

Linda

My thoughts exactly!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
I'd be interested in trying the snowshoeing, and if anyone wants to attempt cross country skiing with me, I'd like to try that sometime too Skier Girl

I wonder if I will be able to consider cross country this year? I really wanna do that as well....oh such an uncertain future!

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/21/2008, 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cross country skiing can be a lot of fun, or as in my case, rather comical. I'd enjoy doing it again...
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 10/21/2008, 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
This winter I want to...
hike in the beautiful Arizona weather!!!!

Which is why I moved away from the snow. Very Happy

Linda

My idea of snow is, I go to it, it does not come to me. Unfortunatly it comes to Denver, so I'm sort of stuck.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Deborah

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi I see your from Tucson!
Have you checked into the Southern AZ Hiking Club?
We have over 150 hikes a month in the winter to choose from of all levels.
I especially like climbing peaks and exploring the canyons in Tucson.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 10/24/2008, 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've wanted to try sno shoeing also. I'll keep my eyes open if anyone goes.
I'll go x-country skiing, if you want to go Tracy. I'm not a wiz skier, but can get around, just can't stop, well I do but just use my own technique to do so. Just need to wait for sno.. They don't make sno for trails (least that I know of). You can rent skis at Nordic Center (didn't seem that $$) but don't know if you'd get them cheaper ahead of time and bring them with. Think my car rack will hold 2 pair. But they fit inside the car too, just angle them in. Used to be a nice place by Forest Lakes, but checked it out last year and it is CLOSED... Sad Trails went right out to the Rim for a nice view.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Matt Hoffman

PostPosted: 10/26/2008, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm a little late to this thread, but here in Ohio, we're supposed to have a particularly bad winter. So.... if you want to come here and snowshoe with me, that'd be great!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/26/2008, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very Happy
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 1/3/2009, 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, it's winter now, there's snow within driving distance, anyone going to take the lead on this one? A day at the Nordic Center is a great way to get your feet wet (or cold) with this. I recall several of us did this a few years ago and enjoyed it.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/3/2009, 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If I run up home to Eagar for a day or two this winter, the skis are there, I will go skiing. If not, oh, well. I hear it's good this winter. I have a friend who lives in Nutrioso and has skied every day since Nov. 30.

Since I'm in Yuma I have other plans, though. It doesn't look like I can make that multi-day Colorado River trip happen this year. I plan on riding my first road bike century--hopefully next month. Backpacking in the Muggins Mountains Wilderness later this month. Taking a rock climbing class in Feb. which is to be held down on the Goldwater at Tinajas Altas. Checking out the other wilderness areas close by, such as Castle Dome, Kofa, etc.

And I'm collecting petroglyphs. Not actually, of course, but I have gone to several sites and photographed them, have one more good site to see. And I have been reading some library books about the ancient tribes who lived around here. I will be giving a talk about this and showing slides of petroglyphs and artifacts at Homolovi State Park in Winslow on July 16 if anyone is interested.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/3/2009, 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:
Well, it's winter now, there's snow within driving distance, anyone going to take the lead on this one? A day at the Nordic Center is a great way to get your feet wet (or cold) with this. I recall several of us did this a few years ago and enjoyed it.

Go for it Shawn! Wink

I just took 6 days of vacation time off and had hoped to get up there and play in the snow for at least one day...instead I spent the whole darn week down with a nasty cold and didn't get to do diddly squat! Crying or Very sad

I should be fully recovered by Monday, just in time to go back to work. Rolling Eyes

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 1/3/2009, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Shawn wrote:

Go for it Shawn! Wink

I just took 6 days of vacation time off and had hoped to get up there and play in the snow for at least one day...instead I spent the whole darn week down with a nasty cold and didn't get to do diddly squat! Crying or Very sad

I should be fully recovered by Monday, just in time to go back to work. Rolling Eyes

OK, Glad to.

Everyone, Paintinaz is going to schedule and organize this event, if it flops it's all her fault, I turned it over to her.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/3/2009, 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awww Rats! Nooooooooooo!

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
oliverr99

PostPosted: 1/4/2009, 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
[quote

I know the feeling. This always happens to me on break. Confused
si na ti

PostPosted: 1/6/2009, 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Michelle and I went up to Nordic this past Saturday. I have never skied before. I really needed to get out. Have been tied to work and school for the past 2 years now with little time for anything else. Dang it was fun. I fell at least a dozen times, but had the best time. Michelle and I got separated for a short time, I fell and couldn't get up for the life of me. A kind woman came by and pulled me out. I was humbly appreciative. I was not meant to ski I believe, but was an experience. It snowed a good portion of the day and was absolutely beautiful. I would certainly go again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: