ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Coleman Xcursion Lantern
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
HUM469

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I personally am a fan of this lantern, the Brunton Liberty Mantleless Lantern

A little heavier than the Bluet one at 8.3 oz, and more expensive.... (I know, $110 is a lot more expensive) but it is significantly smaller than the others and I really like the idea of no mantle or globe to break in my pack. And yes it uses the standard canisters so the same fuel as a pocket rocket, or most other stoves. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can seldom walk all that smooth, sometimes drop my pack on hard ground, and I compress my backpack as much as possible. Not having to worry about finding glass shards in my pack is a big plus. That and I like knowing that with no mantle, it most assuradly will work when I get there. The only truely unnecessary weight in your pack after all is that which you do not use.
Real Estate Executive to AZ
Special Projects Manager, AZCDE.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ooohhh! Thats nice! You are right though, expensive.

I want to shine!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 10:40 am    Post subject: this looks interesting as well Reply to topic Reply with quote

I found this on the REI Outlet site this morning

http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/47882066.htm?
It's listed at about $50.00 right now.

GTG
doug

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I do not Know where you would find this lantern but here is one that cost less. and weighs lees.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9742-750&categoryid=24756

I use the coleman F1 stove it is only 2.7 ozs, will fit in my pot (the msr titan kettel) with a 110 fuel canister. I like it as it is a smaller package weights less and cost about the sam as the pocket rocket. I got mine at sportsmans warehouse for about $35.

When looking for a new stove a few years ago My requirments were small size Lght weight good power and fuel easy to find. in the end it was down to the poket rocket or the F1 but the ability to fit in the pot with a fuel canister mnade me go with the F1.

During my looking for a stove I found a review of the Snowpeak that said that their canister was one thead shorter than the standard. so it could be used on other coupany's equipment but if you used somebody elses canister on there stove it would damage a seal in the stove a void the warranty . Does anybody know about this?
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
Just picked up a Kelty 50th Anniv external pack. That should assure me 100 lbs top load.
Shades

Remember pack weight should only be 1/3 of your body weight....Planning to bulk up over the holidays Tom? That's a heck of a lot of turkey!!

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Your knees are gonna love ya Tom!

I want to shine!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
HikerInGilbert wrote:
Just picked up a Kelty 50th Anniv external pack. That should assure me 100 lbs top load.
Shades

Remember pack weight should only be 1/3 of your body weight....Planning to bulk up over the holidays Tom? That's a heck of a lot of turkey!!

That's my plan. I figure by the time I get to 250 lbs, I should be able to pack in about 90 lbs in a pack. By that time my day pack should be about the size of my current weekend pack. Goat

GTG
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Just picked up a Kelty 50th Anniv external pack. That should assure me 100 lbs top load.....

WOW, just did an online search to check out your new pack. 7200 to7325 cubic inches depending on size is huge, and 70 bucks instead of 259 is awesome.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/22/2004, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

WOW, just did an online search to check out your new pack. 7200 to7325 cubic inches depending on size is huge, and 70 bucks instead of 259 is awesome.

$70? is that what you found it for. I thought it was in the low $200's.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That must be what they're going for in Heat's galaxy.

Got mine for $150 incl shipping. Most comfortable pack I've ever owned. Can't wait to give it a good test.

The salesman told me it cuts down the weight in half. Did I get duped?? Crazy rofl

Shades
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
Did I get duped?? Crazy rofl

Shades

YOU get duped?Shocking! ....uh...No of course not.

GTG wrote:
That's my plan. I figure by the time I get to 250 lbs, I should be able to pack in about 90 lbs in a pack. By that time my day pack should be about the size of my current weekend pack. Goat

GTG

Todd, I think your day pack is already the size of my current weekend pack! Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: