ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Proposal for 1/1 South Mtn Hike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Tom Treks
PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 12:43 pm    Post subject: New Proposal for 1/1 South Mtn Hike Reply with quote

Okay. Here's the deal for tomorrow. It looks as though the original hike plan has dwindled in "EPIC" proportions. (thanks a lot Colin...) Wink

I suggest we cut this hike down to about a 7 mile loop (we can do the 15 later when most everyone can make it) from Pima trailhead out National trail through Hidden Valley and Fat Man's Pass. We can then loop back around to Mormon's trail and back to Pima.

This hike should be a leisurely total of ~5 hours depending on stops etc. This will allow for a later start time of like 9 a.m. (I'm sure party goers will appreciate that). I propose a meet time at Pima of 8:30 a.m.

I'm also adding that we can all meet afterwards for a late lunch thing along the same lines as the original hike. Aunt Chilada's?

What does everyone think of them apples??

Can I get a show of "hands"? Any other suggestions?

Think of it this way, this can now be a sweetheart, spouse, family, and animals hike. I kind of like that idea for a 1/1 hike.

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you think we can make it in plenty of time if we leave by 8:00 or should we leave by about 15 till? I am not sure how long it will take to get there.... 8:00 is probably fine. I will see you at 8:00

I want to shine!
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
Do you think we can make it in plenty of time if we leave by 8:00 or should we leave by about 15 till? I am not sure how long it will take to get there.... 8:00 is probably fine. I will see you at 8:00

Let's make it 7:30 to meet ok???

That should be fine.

Sheri

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since I'm coming from Tempe I just take 48th south about a mile and that will take me to the park?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, or you can take Guadalupe across I10 and hang a right onto 48th Street, and watch for the park entrance on the left just past there.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane, I looked it up on mapquest, it's 26 miles for us, so it should be about 40 minutes, I think 7:30 will work fine. OK?

Sheri
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had a major brain meltdown earlier when I posted the directions. I've corrected them, so if you don't know the way, check them out again. Suffice it to say, I'm still recovering from the shock of aging an entire year in one evening!

See y'all tomorrow!
srlatty

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought the directions looked a little suspect, but I always come in from the other side, so I wasn't sure. If anyone is confused, pm me. I will check here in the morning before I leave and will supply my cell number. Maybe we can all meet at the Fry's Electronics on I-10 and Baseline and carpool or convoy to make things easier.

Happy New Year and see you in the morning!!!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's a good idea, Steve. I'll head for Fry's Electronics and hang out there till about 8:30. If anyone wants to meet there first, look for a white Honda Passport. Fry's is just west of I-10 on the north side of Baseline.

Here's a map to Pima Canyon from I-10:
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/images/pimacanyon.gif
srlatty

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In that case, I will head for the Pima Canyon trailhead ramada. Look for the guy in the white, kind of, Titliest cap.
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, Hooli's out; Rich just threw up all over my bed. Not sure what the problem is, but don't want to take him hiking and don't want to leave him home alone. Crying or Very sad
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll head to Fry's too. That way I know I can't get lost. I'll be in a red Jeep Cherokee.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm still in wave

Diane, I'll see you at 7:30 ok?

Sheri
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy 2004 to all!
Hope to see you still - unless the weather looks bad Sad
Looks like there are some huge storm clouds hanging over S.M. this morning when I went to retrieve my paper from the driveway. But it's still early so who knows, may pass, however given a fair weather hiker I am, if it doesn't look good I won't be there.

GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Coming to Fry's parking lot so dont leave us!

I want to shine!
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike, I left a msg on your cell.
Diane and I will be there so wait for us at Fry's!

Sheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: