ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Arizona Renaissance Festival Group Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
sherileeaz
PostPosted: 12/29/2003, 12:53 pm    Post subject: Arizona Renaissance Festival Group Event Reply with quote

Cancelled due to Rain

See you next year!!
Sherileeaz Hiking

evenstar

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Count me out of the fair and you folks have fun.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
paintninaz

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmm....Suz, is it rainin' out your way this morning too? I've been getting thunderstorms all night long (of course I'm on the other side of the world...) still coming down hard right now (which is kinda nice Mr. Green , but not for festival-ing Sad )

Is everyone else going rain or shine? (I already know "Fair-Weather Hooli's" answer Chuckle )

I'll have to check with the girls and see what they say about going, they may want to hold off for a sunnier day...

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Suzaz

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

well.........................................no. Embarassed In fact, I guess I'm not even on the list. I wonder if they know I've hiked up hill both directions with Jim in the rain and mud, even found the end of the never ending trail, slid down the steepest 2 story boulders with Gabriele, driven in the car with Tom (and survived), and followed in Heat's footsteps and dust. I'm sure if they knew all of that plus that I climbed Battleship with Trish they would send me an invitation......how could they NOT invite me? Must have been a slip up.

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not going 'cause I am very sick today. Not the 'Jim' sick, but stay home with a heating pad sick. I went one year and it rained all day. We were drenched. There where 4 of us. My daughter and I had a ball but the others moped and stayed under an umbrella. Guess everyone's idea of fun is different. Whatever you do, have a great time. And someone have a Black and Tan, made with Bass and Guiness for me!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I just went to get my daughter up to see if the weather bothered her...seems she's the actual 'stay in bed sick' today too! Sad

Maybe I could send her over to Cindy's and just take her friends? rofl JUST kidding. Cindy, I hope you feel better!

Looks like we're out... Crying or Very sad ...if anyone is interested in going sometime next week, I'll probably take a day off and take the girls (since we already have tickets and they're on spring break next week!)

The rest of you have fun!

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like we're going to postpone this until next weekend. It's been raining all night here and supposed to rain on and off all day.

For anyone going to GV next weekend, we're going to push that to the 27th.

Tracy, the fair is only open on wekends otherwise I'd take a day off during the week too!

Mr. Green

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just talked to Trish, it's pouring down rain there.
We are cancelling and going the 20th.
Cindy, hope you can make it on the 20th, I'll pick you up!

Sheri
paintninaz

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
Tracy, the fair is only open on wekends otherwise I'd take a day off during the week too!

Trish

Ooops! Embarassed Thanks for the eye opener.

JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 8:12 am    Post subject: Not "sick" enough Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Is everyone else going rain or shine? (I already know "Fair-Weather Hooli's" answer :chuckle: )
I heard the rain and realized how good I'm feeling - so I'm off to the salt mine :((

Oh yeah, the JW forecast, with it's usual plus or minus 100% accuracy, says it's going to be a beautiful afternoon. Enough to make all us dropouts sick about dropping out.
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll be at GC the 20th. May try and make the fair the 27th.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Suzaz

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm still headed to the festival. The rain has stopped and the sky is clearing. Laughing
Daryl

PostPosted: 3/13/2004, 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shouldn't have canceled... We hiked to Reavis Ranch today. Perfect weather. The rain stopped before we got to the trailhead (at 9am) and another storm was rolling in just as we finished about 4pm.

PostPosted: 3/14/2004, 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It turned out to be a beautiful day at the Festival. The rain stopped here by about 9:15 but we took umbrellas and plastic bags to sit on just in case the hay was wet. There were no mud puddles, the temps even started to get a little high and made us seek shade. We watched the second storm with it's rainbows, light show and loud claps of thunder but it never hit us. We stayed until the end of the festival to catch the last Birds of Prey show.

We enjoyed
Ded Bob
Hey Nunnie, Nunnie
The Birds of Prey
The Tortuga Twins
The Tree Man
Wolgemut
The Tory Steller
The Birds of Prey----a second time with different birds, including an owl and a Condor---THIS WAS AN AWESOME show.

Bummer that there were some cancellations...I know storms here in AZ are so hard to predict. I hope you guys can make it out before the Festival ends.
mike t

PostPosted: 3/14/2004, 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suzaz wrote:
the temps even started to get a little high and made us seek shade.

With umbrellas, you were carrying shade around with you.
Suzaz

PostPosted: 3/14/2004, 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shhh, don't say that too loudly.................I used the need for shade as a justification for shopping Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: