ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Feature in the Events Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 12:54 am    Post subject: New Feature in the Events Forum Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just finished adding a new feature to the board! When any topic in the "Events" forum spans more than one page, the first post will now be displayed at the top of every page of the topic. The original author (or a moderator/admin) can modify the first post to include changes to the details, directions, etc., which will then also be reflected on each page of the topic.

Hopefully this modification will make it easier for everyone to keep track of the event details! I hope to add additional tweaks to the "Events" forum as soon as possible.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice addition Mike. I'd like to make a suggestion.

In the author area where you added "First Post", how about replacing that with "Event Details" in bold? And maybe include "Event Coordinator" above the poster's name?

I really think your addition will ease any confusion for sure. Ok
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

In the author area where you added "First Post", how about replacing that with "Event Details" in bold? And maybe include "Event Coordinator" above the poster's name?

That's a good idea, thanks! Last night (make that early this morning) I was trying to think of something better for the author area, but my brain was too fried! Silly
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/29/2003, 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's a great feature! And the original author can edit it if there are any last minute changes in the plans. It will always be up-to-date rather than scrolling to find the most recent details.

FABULOUS BRAVO
Applause ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause

Sherileeaz Hiking
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/30/2003, 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Mike...This is a neat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: