ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Missing In Action...AND NOW, THE REST OF THE STORY....!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 12/24/2003, 10:57 pm    Post subject: Missing In Action...AND NOW, THE REST OF THE STORY....! Reply to topic Reply with quote

This trip log is being posted in response to a thread written by Arizonaheat on December 14, entitled “Missing, a conglomeration of the past few weeks.”

And now for THE REST OF THE STORY....If you read this thread and viewed the beautiful photos that accompanied it, it certainly gives insight to the magic and the wonder of this truly unique landscape and the very power it possesses. Rare gifts come to those who open their hearts and have faith in that power, allowing it to guide them and bring new happiness into their lives.

I feel very fortunate to have been a recipient of these magnificent visual gifts, and a participant in some of the most wonderous hiking treks I have yet experienced.

I don’t suppose any of you suspected that I had been hanging out with the Heat, but when a few of you wrote him questioning his whereabouts, he decided to share our conglomeration with you all, revealing some of the special magic and happiness that has been bestowed upon the two of us. He explained the experiences quite eloquently to say the least, and simple words cannot describe the feelings that we have discovered and the
connection that has occured for us on a personal level. Now, it is I, who has been chosen to reveal the rest of the story, solving some of the mystery attached to the absence.

In this, the season of sharing, we thought it appropriate that we share the magic with all of you that we consider our great friends, letting you all know that we have discovered we are connected at the soul. Our paths have met and our journey has begun, realizing the Lady has smiled upon us and blessed us beyond our wildest imaginations. It wasn’t planned... it wasn’t predicted... it happened naturally, just like the beautiful hills and
mountains that unfold in front of feasting eyes and soaring hearts. On a glorious sun swept morning the day before Thanksgiving, my life was changed and joy filled our hearts on what was one of the most special days of my life. For you, Kent, I am eternally grateful.

Well now that you have all had your socks knocked off in surprise, I will get a good laugh knowing that I have written a very entertaining trip log, one that no one probably ever expected. The last month has been very eventful for us, as we have been out there having the time of our lives on extreme new adventures. For me, there is no trip log as special or as meaningful as this one. Except our first date hike....but I will keep the details of that
little trip to myself for now.

If there is ever a spell of silence from the two of us for any amount of time, don’t worry...just know that we are out there, enjoying each others company and enjoying the solitude of the wilderness and all her special gifts.
We will see you all on January 10th for the anniversary hike and cookout, we wouldn’t miss it for the world!
This year on Christmas 2003, we wish for all of you and yours, peace, joy and love!
And Happy Hiking in 2004...
Sande J and Arizonaheat

GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Merry my Christmas! Look at you two! THis couldn't have happened to any two nicer folks. I am proud to know both of you and glad you have found a commonality in each other. Best of wishes and Merry Christmas you crazy kids.

GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, looks like a very merry Christmas indeed! Lookin' forward to seeing the two of you on the 10th. Merry Christmas
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh my gosh! SSSOOOO cool! I am so happy for the both of you!!!! This is incredible! See Kent, I told you not ALL of the people on the site thought you were totally nuts! Very Happy Wink

I want to shine!
Wiz

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congratulations, you guys. Many, many happy years together!
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sande J wrote in another thread:

"What a beautifully written conglomeration...so inspirational and full of magic...with these descriptive images enveloping my mind, it is as if I was right there experiencing it."

Ohhh! Now I get it!!

Did anyone else say "OMG!!" and "pretty kewl!" all in the same breath when they read this??

Merry Christmas

Cool
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
Sande J wrote in another thread:

"What a beautifully written conglomeration...so inspirational and full of magic...with these descriptive images enveloping my mind, it is as if I was right there experiencing it."

Ohhh! Now I get it!!

Did anyone else say "OMG!!" and "pretty kewl!" all in the same breath when they read this??

Merry Christmas

Cool

Yep I caught on!!! Very Happy

Congrats Sande and Kent!!! Can't wait to see you on the 10th!

Sheri Hiking
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congratulations! This must be why Kent remained so silent when I made mention of his events sounding more of a romantic nature! This is SO COOOOOOL! Mary
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now this is EPIC!! Congrats Y'all!
Mike
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm a little confused but then I'm a little slow but I thought Kent was already married to Debbie and has a grown daughter Crazy
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

This must be why Kent remained so silent when I made mention of his events sounding more of a romantic nature! This is SO COOOOOOL! Mary

Yes Mary, both you and Tom were very astute in your assumptions. The Lady is giving Tom the power, I see it building in him.

Sam hikes, don't be confused, I still have a grown daughter and the wife is now a friend, that's how life goes sometimes.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Yes Mary, both you and Tom were very astute in your assumptions. The Lady is giving Tom the power, I see it building in him.

I guess I've always had it Heat. Just a matter of "seeing it" and "feeling it". Eh?

Just letting it absorb into your body and soul is the "key". I'm learning pretty quickly.

This has probably been beaten up a bit, but I love this AZ place... just can't get enough of it.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

I guess I've always had it Heat. Just a matter of "seeing it" and "feeling it". Eh?

Just letting it absorb into your body and soul is the "key". I'm learning pretty quickly.

This has probably been beaten up a bit, but I love this AZ place... just can't get enough of it.

You got it dude, I've been watching it enter your heart and soul. Pretty awesome isn't it. There is no turning back now, you are one of the chosen Beam me up Beam me up Beam me up Beam me up
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:

I will make sure to stay tuned, perhaps you are next in line for a little dose of the magic.... Wink... It could definitely be "pretty kewl".... Laughing

Sande J
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 12/25/2003, 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Quote:

This must be why Kent remained so silent when I made mention of his events sounding more of a romantic nature! This is SO COOOOOOL! Mary

Sam hikes, don't be confused, I still have a grown daughter and the wife is now a friend, that's how life goes sometimes.

Glad we got that cleared up since we dont want any rumors...Glad you and the wife are still friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: