ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Roger's Canyon trip
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aprille

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 9:27 am    Post subject: Roger's Canyon trip Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello all. This is my first activity here on this website - yahoo! Anyway, I was thinking about doing a trip to hike Roger's Canyon in January. Possibly the 17th. As the books mention a need for high clearance vehicles, I figured we could meet close and carpool to the trailhead in a couple of trucks. I don't have one. I kow a couple of others mentioned they did. Could you all let me know if you are interested? And if you have an oh-so needed "high clearance vehicle". I may not check back here immediately as I have quite a deadline this week, but you could post me a message to let me kow and I could get back to you all.

Thanks. Can't wait to hear from you!

Planning to hike:

Aprille
Hooli
Kurthzone
GTG & Messami - traveling in high clearance with room for more.
HikerinGilbert
Sherileeaz
Mike
Trishness
JW63
Daddee
AJCanable
Suzaz
Paintninaz
Mario
ebrewer
John L
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As of now, the 17th works for me and I've done this hike before; excellent day hike to some Salado Indian Cliff Ruins. I have Jeep and can carry three folks from the West Valley.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Aprille

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great! I'll let you know!
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Parts of the road toward the top took a beating during the last heavy rain, but a high clearance 2WD can still make it. They may have done some repair work on it since then too. If you are going in via Woodbury Trailhead/JF Trail you can make that in a passenger car. but the hike is much longer and difficult.

Get and early start so you can be to Rogers Trough Trailhead close to day break.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, to get to the TH by daybreak I'd have to leave the west valley about 3 a.m. which ain't gonna happen 'cause I need my Sleeping I'm perfectly happy reaching the TH by 7:30 8:00.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 11:28 am    Post subject: fun and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll join in on the fun too. I'd like to see that canyon in winter.

GTG
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I might be up for that trip, too! I also live in the west valley, but I'm willing to do what it takes to get to the trailhead. No highclearance here though! I've never been there and would love to see the ruins. Mary
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aprille, Welcome to Arizona Hikers!

If I can get away with three consecutive Saturdays of hiking including a holiday and a long weekend, I'd like to come along as well. I've been that way to Reavis and would like to check out Roger's Canyon.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was at the TH Sunday, some snow but no problems with the road. Enjoy!
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would also like to check out that area in the wintertime. The 17th sounds good. Been there a few times, but usually around Sept-Oct. Sounds like fun.

Welcome to the site Aprille. Smile

You gotta like this gal... no messin around. Just jump right on in.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aprille, glad you posted it so soon!
I sent out an email to give some a
heads up on the plans. You should
have a good turn out. Count me in!
I'll need to ride with someone with
a high-clearance vehicle too. Maybe
meet up at a location to leave my car
and ride to the TH with Tom or Hooli? Let me know.
WELCOME!! We like take-charge gals! Pink Yes
You fit right in!!!

Sherileeaz Hiking
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sad Bummer, I can't go! I have an other trip planned for that weekend. Mary
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can ride in the Jeep Sheri. Paintninaz will tell you what a smooth, sedate ride it is, right Tracy? Rolling Eyes
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
Sad Bummer, I can't go! I have an other trip planned for that weekend. Mary

Say WHAT??? Ok these "other" friends better be worth missing this one! Wink Wink

Sheri
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm in! I have high-clearance and can fit 4 others. This is a great hike, but like others have mentioned, I've never done it in winter. Maybe there'll be some white stuff out there!

Welcome to the site, Aprille!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: