ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Years Day Hike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(3) 19 slots left to register. (1) 4 slots left to register. (6) 10 slots left to register.
User
beckett
Hikngrl
GTG
User
wanderingsoul
User
desertgirl
bobthepome
oliverr99
Trishness
tibber
MaxPower
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
beckett
PostPosted: 12/12/2010, 5:11 pm    Post subject: New Years Day Hike Reply with quote

Let's start the New Year off with a Group Hike! Meet at the Mesquite Trailhead in the White Tank Mountains at 8:30. The hike is between 8.2-8.6 miles with a fair amount of elevation. Here's a link to HAZ that explains the hike further. I like to do the hike a little different than he describes but basically it's a lollipop loop! I do the hike often and it's a nice little hike.

http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=2242

Linda

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/20/2010, 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got bad knees right now. I will not be hiking fast. Crying or Very sad

I want to shine!
MaxPower

PostPosted: 12/20/2010, 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And I am 62 years old so my speedy days are behind me. Also, I hike for fun and not willing to turn it into a contest. Plus, when you're at the back of the group, you get the best view of the young ladies! Laughing
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/21/2010, 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is historically some one for everyone to hike with. We are a good and friendly group of people and love to welcome new hikers. The group will most likely - but not always split up into different speed ranges but that's ok.

I want to shine!
beckett

PostPosted: 12/21/2010, 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maxpwer....Come and out and hike with us! I hope to keep the group pretty close together on this hike! This is New Year Hike to reunite with old friends and make some new friends. I am the Hike leader and I will stick with you for the whole hike. The average age of the hikers on this group hike right now is somewhere around 50 so it's not a race to the top. The weather is beautiful and the scenery is lovely. You'll have a blast!

Now...where is the rest of the hiking group? Come on gang...Those with kids...bring the kids...those hung over...bring your coffee. It's a new year...let's hike!

Very Happy Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/21/2010, 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can I bring my coffee even if I'm not hung over!?

I want to shine!
MaxPower

PostPosted: 12/21/2010, 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll be there for sure! Exclamation
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/21/2010, 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

According to the registration above only 10 more people can decline. The rest of you HAVE to come! Hiking Multi

I want to shine!
bobthepome

PostPosted: 12/21/2010, 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can't make this one (I'll be in Vegas!). I have a hike planned for 30th Dec to Red Creek as a recce hike for a Boy Scout Backpack sometime in Jan/Feb. Anyone been there?
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/21/2010, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm still on the fence but will decide next week. Is anyone camping Friday night?

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
beckett

PostPosted: 12/22/2010, 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes Trish...I do believe Todd and Diane are camping. I would LOVE to have you come on over to my west side! I promise I will be over on the east side many times in 2011. I wish I could camp, however, I am babysitting. Maybe I'll bring my grand daughter over for a little of the camp fire. She would love that...and so would I! 2011 is going to be a great year!
Linda

Have fun in Vegas Bob!

Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/23/2010, 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So what is the camping plan? Anything in the works? Would that be camping before, or after, the hike?
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/23/2010, 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You should talk to Todd but I think he was looking at both nights. I could be wrong though.

I want to shine!
oliverr99

PostPosted: 12/23/2010, 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry can't make it, have fun!
beckett

PostPosted: 12/23/2010, 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oliverr99 wrote:

Sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to seeing you!

Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/23/2010, 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oliverr99 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: