ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Search for Joe Domin GPSJoe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(4) (5) (5)
User
beckett
azhiker96
tough_boots
Randal Schulhauser
User
Suz
tibber
desertgirl
Trishness
oliverr99
User
GTG
Tom Treks
Hikngrl
cabel
Thoreau
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 11/18/2010, 6:11 am    Post subject: Search for Joe Domin GPSJoe Reply with quote

Anyone want to help look for GPSJoe this coming Saturday and Sunday?
We'll plan on car camping in the area.

GTG

beckett

PostPosted: 11/26/2010, 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like I won't be able to get out to the trail this weekend. All I can do is pray and keep all of you searchers in my prayers along with Joe and his family. If anyone hears from the trail any new, please post it.
God Bless you all,
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Suz

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like Steve and Brian are asking for a ride on Sunday PM between 4 and 6pm from the Mt. Peeley trailhead down to their cars at the turn off. This would allow them to do some more searching instead of having to backpack down the road.

http://hikearizona.com/dex2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5664&start=440
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz, how is the road to Peeley TH? OK for a 2WD high clearance Xterra?

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

piece of cake and you would enjoy the ride Smile
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll go and get Brian and Steve Sunday between 4 and 6 PM tomorrow. What's the turnoff point to Peeley TH? I've never been there before...where so I turn off 87?

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SR87 east to signed turnoff for Sycamore Creek about .5mi north of mile post 222. Turn left across divided highway and follow paved road to dirt road on right at 1.2mi. Cross the cattleguard and go 1.2mi to the fork of FR25 and FR201. Veer right and follow FR201 (Mt.Peeley Summit Rd.)to its end @10mi total from hwy).

Follow the mileage carefully once you make the turn off, many of us have zipped right past it.

or

use this link, go all the way to the bottom of the page and type in your home address and it will mapquest you all the way there.
tibber

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sycamore Canyon at the top of that one hill. Head down the pavement but don't go too far. You will see Steve's sedan parked at a small parking area. You will turn to the right on the dirt road just before that. It's a long haul out there so drive carefully. You may find yourself shifting down several times. I think the road is in pretty good shape it just goes every which direction: up, down and around, ha!

Quote:
SR87 east to signed turnoff for Sycamore Creek about .5mi north of mile post 222. Turn left across divided highway and follow paved road to dirt road on right at 1.2mi. Cross the cattleguard and go 1.2mi to the fork of FR25 and FR201. Veer right and follow FR201 (Mt.Peeley Summit Rd.)to its end @10mi total from hwy).

Thx. I volunteered if no one else could go out but I just got back so thx for stepping up to the plate. Those boys deserve our help. They are kicking pumpkin out there trying to find Joe.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Angela....I've volunteered to go also and it's closer for me since I live in AJ.

Trish

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2010, 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll go and get the boys tomorrow and will give the HAZ people notice as well.

Trish

Suz

PostPosted: 11/28/2010, 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trish------I'm sure you are watching NOAA.gov. The weather is calling for 50% chance of SNOW, high of 39 degrees and the possibility of 1 inch of snow accumulation by the evening. I let the guys know you will be there at 4pm. If Brian's battery is running low we won't want to send too many message and don't want multiple people sending the same messages---Thx for going to get them.

Yes, your stuff is packed up and ready for you. Give me a call when it works for you.

If I hear anything from them I will let you know on your cell phone.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/28/2010, 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The guys are bailing and hiking out to their cars because it's cold and hailing. Just waiting to hear they are safely on paved roads. One car is on FR25. Rolling Eyes not sure what that will be like.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/28/2010, 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Been following HAZ too. Those guys have been really dedicated and compassionate. I couldn't have done what all has been done.

With last Sat kind of falling through, I wished I'd had availability to be able to help even if only for communication, food or rides.

will be waiting to hear they made it out safe and sound.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Suz

PostPosted: 11/28/2010, 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Both Brian and Stephen are out and safe.

There are many "on trail" beautiful routes in the area that can not be ruled out and could be searched by any of the very capable members on this site.....depending on what the weather does.........looks like a blanket of white snow now. The contributions of each person are so valuable.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 11/28/2010, 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Should have seen the wilderness before the fire.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/28/2010, 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Need help getting the tracks of Brian's Garmin etrex legend. Apparently he needs a cable. Does anyone happen to have cables they could share for this particular model? or other ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: