ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Gear Storage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/15/2003, 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ck1 wrote:
Well...we bought the house today that I mentioned above...so, along with the rest of the house, we're now the proud owners of a gear room! Now I've got to get to work figuring out how to do the room. I'm thinking that the backpacks go on hooks from floor to ceiling, bags hanging in storage bags...there's a set of shelves in the room already for smaller gear... Rolling Eyes told ya I'm a geek about gear!

Anybody else discover that Home Depot is now selling extra large carabiners? I picked one up last week, it's a bout 2.5x's the size of an average biner...perfect for gear storage!

Congratulations on your new home!! Have you noticed the difference between the homes in IL and here!! We sure have. We have the same problem, no storage. Keep me updated on other good ideas for storing things. We still have another 15' truck coming the end of next year!!

Sherileeaz Hiking
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/15/2003, 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice thing about here....."Mud Room" ain't a part of the vocabulary! Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
ck1

PostPosted: 12/15/2003, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We had a mud room growing up! Man. What a flashback! It even had a "slop sink".

"The Journey is the Destination"
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 11:54 pm    Post subject: Gear storage Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
Congratulations on the new home and the "gear room". :lol: Let''s see, I have 2 t-rest, under the bed with the dust bunnies, 3 sleeping bags hanging in closets, tents, tarps and other gear in the outdoor storage, ropes hanging in my front closet along with climbing gear and backpacks and a mt biked stored in the corner of my office. I have no room for clothes. Solution:!: Sell everything that can not be labled "gear" and move out to the wilderness! Seriously, enjoy your new home! Mary

Hey Shi, sounds like you and I do it the same way. Both my bikes are lurking nearby and my Mtn bike is 30 inches away in my office area. All my backpacks and day packs are in my kitchen pantry area. My climbing equipment is going to be a challenge, but will probably displace some of my clothes in the closets. It's all trade-offs, Jim.

let me know when you can make it to the climbing wall. J.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 12/18/2003, 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have eight different bikes, one i keep at work to ride and one at home . I keep the rest at a rental storage unit. When out riding I usually swap bikes. I leaving in a few min to go out out for a night to sunrise ride on my mtn. bike.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/18/2003, 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Gear storage Reply to topic Reply with quote

JW63 wrote:
All my backpacks and day packs are in my kitchen pantry area. My climbing equipment is going to be a challenge, but will probably displace some of my clothes in the closets. It's all trade-offs, Jim.

let me know when you can make it to the climbing wall. J.

My gear is separated by sport, by a system I only know....the kitchen pantry has mostly camp food. The closets have only the gear which can not tolerate heat well, ropes, webbing, pro, harnesses, helmets, and shoes). I have my rope, my pro harness hung from a carabiner with my regular harness attached to that in the closet. It actually doesn't take up that much space.

After this week, I'll be able to hit the climbing gym. Let me know what days you are available. Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: