ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Peralta TH loop Sunday June 6.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(1) 6 slots left to register.
User
wanderingsoul
azhiker96

PostPosted: 5/31/2010, 7:11 pm    Post subject: Peralta TH loop Sunday June 6. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Planning on taking Deanda for a small loop starting from Peralta TH. The hike will combine trail with some mild off-trail through a drainage. I expect it will take about 4-5 hours for the hike. I am limiting the hike to 8 (including Dee and me) just because of the off-trail section and my desire to minimize impact on the area.

The high for that day is estimated to be 110 degrees. For that reason we need to be ready to leave the TH at 5am. Even with that early start it will be starting to get warm by the time we finish.
azhiker96

PostPosted: 5/31/2010, 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BTW, yes it's on Sunday. We have prior commitments on Saturday.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 6/1/2010, 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What date is this? Did I just miss it?

Thanks,
GTG
azhiker96

PostPosted: 6/1/2010, 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Todd. I selected it when I made the posting. I don't know why it didn't show up. Maybe that's for the calendar. Anyway, I've edited the title. Thanks again.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 6/2/2010, 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to go but I'm going to the Diamond backs game with my dad that day and also taking my grandmother to the airport that AM so I won't be able to make the hike. Maybe next time.

GTG
threedogz

PostPosted: 6/4/2010, 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Darn, George, this sounds fun. I usually hike on Sundays. I would go, but I'm going to NH for two weeks.
azhiker96

PostPosted: 6/4/2010, 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sure I'll be going again. Have fun in NH.
azhiker96

PostPosted: 6/6/2010, 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was a good morning. A Wandering Soul came by the house. The three of us carpooled to the trailhead and started the hike at 5am and 79 degrees. We took our time and saw many little lizards, a few desert spiney, and one cranky little diamondback. We finished the hike at 9am and it was 97 degrees when we returned home.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/6/2010, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was a good morning hike today. Had a nice time out there, Thanks George and Deanda for the hike today.
I was surprised at the saguaro and agave in bloom thought they'd already have been done blooming. Lots of flowers on them.

Heard that rattle loud and clear but didn't see it even as I passed and you showed the crack where it was hiding. It was hidden in that crack. Maybe if I'd gotten closer to take a look I'd have caught a glimpse.

At 5am also thought it would have been darker but was pretty light already. Was starting to heat up by 9 and glad we were off the trail. I still wonder about those two people starting up Dutchman when I was heading down. Now that I think about it, I don't recall them having a pack that looked like they had water, but maybe they had bottles. Wonder how long or how far they went? Getting pretty warm by 9 to start out.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 6/7/2010, 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Early morning desert summer hike! I used to love doing that! Sounds like you had fun!
azhiker96

PostPosted: 6/7/2010, 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was good. We were the only car at the TH at 5am. There were about 5 other vehicles when we got back. I do love the desert early in the morning, empty trails except for a few critters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: