ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZH 1st Anniversary Hike and Cookout date changed to Jan. 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
evenstar
PostPosted: 12/4/2003, 1:38 pm    Post subject: AZH 1st Anniversary Hike and Cookout date changed to Jan. 10 Reply with quote

Too many folks can't make it on the 3rd, so I'm changing the date to Saturday, Jan. 10. Everything else remains the same!

sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

snick33 wrote:
Orginally I had planned on participting in a bare knuckled fist fight, followed by a knife throwing brawl with an insult hurling screaming match for a finale being thrown by a hiking site with a simlar name, but gee, I don't know this might be more fun, I gotta think this over. I'll have my people get back to your people.

You have US AZH confused with another site for sure!! Eek
This "community" is fabulous and I know it will stay this way! Pink Yes
No fights here, except maybe over the last beer!! Beer
Nothing to think over is there??? Very Happy

Sherileeaz Hiking
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

snick33 wrote:
Orginally I had planned on participting in a bare knuckled fist fight, followed by a knife throwing brawl with an insult hurling screaming match for a finale being thrown by a hiking site with a simlar name, but gee, I don't know this might be more fun, I gotta think this over. I'll have my people get back to your people.

Hey Snick... nice hiking avatar (not)... I don't like the color of your jacket... you never EVER know what you're talking about...

How am I doin? Cool

Things were getting a bit raucus over there, huh. They were still going at it a week after you left. Laughing

Glad you decided to migrate.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, doesn't this forum remind you of "Cheers" the tv program. It does me.
The song comes to mind for sure.
It's like going from one pub to the next, when the "other pub" has too many fights that break out, move on! Glad AZH was formed!!! Doubt I'll wander off to any other place!!!

Beer CHEERS!!! The more the merrier!

Sherileeaz Hiking
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Admittedly this is a kinder gentler site than some others right now, but you've got to keep in mind all the problems, ahem uh... over there, were instigated by one or two not-so-indiscrete parties. In fact, as time goes on, (and by that I mean since snick left (btw some of us miss you over there, I'm just glad to still see you over here)) the fight-picking is getting worse. But not to worry, in light of sherris bar analogy, I think its safe to say eventually the bouncers will catch on and oust the trouble makers. (Hopefully...)

By the way, I think I'm in for this event, but I cant give you the definate definate yet. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
snick33

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There must be a word for what happened over there, it was very strange, almost surrealistic in tenor. I really do agree with the bumper sticker: "Mean People Suck". I know what I did was like sneaking out the bathroom window, but it got real weird, and actually . . . . scary.

It was like the opposite of the "Stockholm Syndrome": everyone lost compassion and empathy for one another, rather than gaining it. Has anyone every experienced this with a group before?
roger

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Snick,

Welcome "back".

Hope to read some of the wit and humor you are famous for.

Roger
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think a lot of people experienced it "over there" recently. I have noticed a marked increase of "guests" frequenting the AZH lately. I've heard stories of other Internet sites getting "unfriendly". Never really witnessed it before though.

You know... The "keyboard muscle" theory really does exist. Kinda like "whiskey muscles".
srlatty

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

snick33 wrote:
There must be a word for what happened over there, it was very strange, almost surrealistic in tenor. I really do agree with the bumper sticker: "Mean People Suck". I know what I did was like sneaking out the bathroom window, but it got real weird, and actually . . . . scary.

It was like the opposite of the "Stockholm Syndrome": everyone lost compassion and empathy for one another, rather than gaining it. Has anyone every experienced this with a group before?

Snick, that site hasn't been the same since it came back online. I could go on and on, but I won't. Counterproductive.

Back to the business at hand. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this grand event. My employer has decided that I need to spend the first 2 weeks of January in Austin, TX! As a consolation, I think I will take my hiking gear and take a couple of laps around Town Lake that day. If I can't be there in person, I can be there in spirit!
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/12/2003, 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

snick33 wrote:
I'll have my people get back to your people.
Snick....your people were run out of town on a rail last week so guess you have to attend.

Twisted Evil
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902

PostPosted: 12/12/2003, 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I won't be making any of the hike. My knee is too iffy and I don't want to risk missing the race the next day. I probably won't come afterward either Sad . I hope to be in bed by 8 that night. My willpower may not be enough to leave early. Embarassed
chihiggs

PostPosted: 12/12/2003, 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Florida that week for me....Would like to come but I haven't seen my family that I can remember in quite some time???? Sorry. It sure does sound like you'll have a great time!!!

Enjoy and be safe!!
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/12/2003, 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

snick33 wrote:
"Mean People Suck"

They sure do.......my quote is, for Tom's benefit, IN a whinny voice, "Oh, can't we all just get a long" Snick it's nice to see you again! Mary
snick33

PostPosted: 12/12/2003, 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

On a rail! On a rail! and I've been waiting at this damned train station for two days! I just gotta listen more carefully.

I'm thinking about bringing a vat of my "Bipolar Chili" if I can get this FDA thing sorted out. Boy, one little mix up in the ingredients and the "Mans" all over my back.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/12/2003, 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Of course this is a kinder and gentler site......AZH has the inspirational role model of the Kinder and Gentler Hooli Very Happy and that other site has the Man Who Would Be Sasquatch! Crazy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
snick33

PostPosted: 12/12/2003, 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dunno Hooli, I like that corn and lima bean thing . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: