ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZH First Anniversary Hike and Cookout Jan. 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 10:59 am    Post subject: AZH First Anniversary Hike and Cookout Jan. 3 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Hikes of varying difficulty and length followed by cookout at one of the ramadas!

Epic: Out 7.9 miles ford Canyon Trail to junction with Willow Canyon Trail; 1.7 Willow Canyon trail to junction with Mesquite Trail; 1.5 miles Mesquite Trail to junction with Goat Camp Trail; 5.1 miles on Goat Camp Trail. Total 16.2 miles with visit to Willow Spring while on Willow Canyon Trail. We'd need shuttle to get 1-1/2 miles from end of Goat Camp Trail back to Ford Canyon TH....or hike along road for 1-1/2 miles making total hike 17.7 miles. Personally, I think this would be more challenging than the Dutchman Epic.

Less than epic: Everybody hikes together out Ford Canyon Trail and in Willow Canyon Trail to Mesquite Trail; Epic hikers head west on Mesquite Trail to Goat Camp Trail; Non-epic head East on Mesquite Trail back to starting point, 12.3 miles. (Ford Canyon and Mesquite Trail Heads are at the same location.)

There's also a 9.2 mile hike that includes much of the above, but skips the first part of the Ford Canyon Trail and the end of the Mesquite Trail.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 12:10 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Aw rats! We don't get back from Maui till the 5th....
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 12:48 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Count me in! Wooohoo and it's on the West side!! yippie!!
I'll help with anything that needs to be done!!

Sherileeaz Hiking
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 1:04 pm    Post subject: I've got it marked on my calendar! This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Ummm...is this going to be in addition to the New Years Day hike or instead of?

I can't keep up with all this extensive planning! Confused

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 1:05 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

A little more info on this...

Most of you know what happened the night of 12/30/2002. I won't go into detail. Because of that event, on 1/3/2003, an emergency meeting was held at GTG's apartment where Arizonahikers.com was officially introduced to a group of former members of the then recently defunct "other site". GTG and I had tossed around the idea of doing something to celebrate the anniversary while we were hiking the Go John Trail recently. Since Hooli had suggested a White Tanks hike as a possible group event, I thought it would be a great candidate to combine with a celebration of the site's first anniversary! Hooli obviously agrees!! Mr. Green

So, let's get busy and plan this big ol' party!!
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 1:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
A little more info on this...

Most of you know what happened the night of 12/30/2002. I won't go into detail. Because of that event, on 1/3/2003, an emergency meeting was held at GTG's apartment where Arizonahikers.com was officially introduced to a group of former members of the then recently defunct "other site". GTG and I had tossed around the idea of doing something to celebrate the anniversary while we were hiking the Go John Trail recently. Since Hooli had suggested a White Tanks hike as a possible group event, I thought it would be a great candidate to combine with a celebration of the site's first anniversary! Hooli obviously agrees!! Mr. Green

So, let's get busy and plan this big ol' party!!

What's the saying, when one door closes another opens!! So the past event that got us here is actually a blessing in disguise!!!

THANKS Mike and GTG, I didn't know all of you then, but I sure am happy my hiking trail lead me here, just a slight detour!!!

Hooli, great job getting this going!

And as I said in the previous post, I'll help with what ever is needed.

I feel so fortunate to be a part of this wonderful community and to celebrate the 1st Anniversary!

Sherileeaz Hiking
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 1:15 pm    Post subject: Valet's This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

CatValet wrote:
Aw rats! We don't get back from Maui till the 5th....

Glad I don't have to make that choice: getting married and going to Maui or hiking and a party with AZH?

We'll have to have an after-party party for the Valet's!! We want to see the pictures and hear all about their special event !!!

Best Wishes!

Sherileeaz Hiking

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 2:43 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Now this is going to be difficult. The 'emergency meeting' at Todd's is the only AZH get together I have ever attended. Therefore I believe I need to be there. But there is no way I can escape on the 1st and the 3rd. Please tell me, how do you all do it? Is hiking the only life you all have? Please tell me your secrets?
sidhayes

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 2:53 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Perhaps the secret is that people usually can do what they really want to do?
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 3:04 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Cindy wrote:
Please tell me, how do you all do it? Is hiking the only life you all have? Please tell me your secrets?

Well, let's see...you put everything else on hold, because after all THIS is PRIME hiking season! rofl

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 3:07 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Cindy wrote:
Please tell me, how do you all do it? Is hiking the only life you all have? Please tell me your secrets?

Well, let's see...you put everything else on hold, because after all THIS is PRIME hiking season! rofl

Plus Hooli's gonna grill one or more of his famous Santa Maria Seasoned Tri-Tips!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 3:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

My inclination is to replace the New Year's Day hike with the Anniversary hike. But, since it was Ck1's idea, I'll let him make that call.

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 3:14 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

sidhayes wrote:
Perhaps the secret is that people usually can do what they really want to do?
'Usually'? Can I hire you as my 'life coach'? I was taught different. Maybe you can retrain me. Rolling Eyes
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 5:16 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Oh crap! I am working that weekend! Sad Mad Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

I want to shine!
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 12/3/2003, 6:29 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Don't feel bad Diane, I have been on call for every Epic hike so far and will be on the 3rd also. At least I was able to swap around for West Fork and the Ridgeline.

I'm just going to publish my on call schedule and that will be the Epic Hike schedule for the rest of the year Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Such is life Beam me up Beam me up Beam me up Beam me up
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: