ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Superstition Ridgeline Dayhike
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(2) (2) (0)
User
jmzblond
beckett
User
GTG
randy883
User
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 10/28/2009, 7:55 pm    Post subject: Superstition Ridgeline Dayhike Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm wanting to do a Ridgeline on Saturday November 14th.

Siphon Draw to Carney Springs with maybe a cutover to Peralta and down from there. I figure we'll plan on leaving the LDSP by 6:30 AM. When we get to the other end, we can just continue walking to camp.

Car camp on Peralta Road Friday night and Saturday night if you want. We'll try to get a campsite on the same side of the road as the Don's camp. Just before you get to the Don's camp. Hopefully the same one we've done for other events.

Shorter hikes are in the area if you want a less strenuous hike and join us at camp. There's a group doing a Flatiron hike you may be interested in.

Or you can just come out and eat and drink with us.

Food Stuff:

GTG - Pot of chili

Interested?
Get in here y'all!
GTG
Suz

PostPosted: 10/29/2009, 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like a really fun plan!
Unfortunately, I've already got a climbing trip penciled in on that weekend for a few rock faces on Mt. Lemmon.
Deborah

PostPosted: 10/29/2009, 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been wanting to do that hike too, unfortunately doing Cochise Head on the 14th with SAHC.

Deborah
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/30/2009, 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Already done the Ridgeline and don't really want to hike it again but might be free to meet up for a camp and help shuttle people back to LDSP since that is in my backyard. I can take 5 comfortably in the Xterra.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 10/30/2009, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm in! I will be slow going up Siphon to Flatiron, but if I can just keep from spraining my ankle this time, I'll be good across the Ridge!

I've also done the cutover to Peralta w/ Kent before. It's an interesting decent, that's for sure!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/30/2009, 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jmzblond wrote:
I'm in! I will be slow going up Siphon to Flatiron, but if I can just keep from spraining my ankle this time, I'll be good across the Ridge!

I've also done the cutover to Peralta w/ Kent before. It's an interesting decent, that's for sure!

YIKES....down Dacite Mesa? LOL Certainly is interesting and kind of skeery.

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
beckett

PostPosted: 11/1/2009, 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I might be able to help with the shuttle too. I would love to try the Flatiron again but am not up for the whole ridge line.

Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/1/2009, 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness and beckett thanks for the shuttle help, we will probably need it depending upon how many we get wanting to hike.

GTG
tibber

PostPosted: 11/1/2009, 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Linda, I'm with you on the Flat Iron. I would love to do the Ridgeline in the worst way but I think it's beyond my level. Sad

I would be perfectly content to accomplish the Flat Iron. However, it would depend on the weather. If I'm going to climb all the way up that beast, I want to enjoy it and the view Smile .
beckett

PostPosted: 11/2/2009, 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tibber wrote:
Linda, I'm with you on the Flat Iron. I would love to do the Ridgeline in the worst way but I think it's beyond my level. Sad

I would be perfectly content to accomplish the Flat Iron. However, it would depend on the weather. If I'm going to climb all the way up that beast, I want to enjoy it and the view Smile .

I think that together we can do the Flatiron! I would love to try with you! Are you planning on camping too?

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/2/2009, 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll plan on doing a hike up Siphon Draw to Flatiron with beckett and tibber. Been up there a few times. Be prepared for a special surprise at almost the top! Crazy

Trish

beckett

PostPosted: 11/4/2009, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
I'll plan on doing a hike up Siphon Draw to Flatiron with beckett and tibber. Been up there a few times. Be prepared for a special surprise at almost the top! Crazy

Trish

This Flat Iron hike is sounding more and more fun. I did try it once before on a way too hot day with way too little water. I made it to that "fun surprise" and gave up and headed back down. On that day I chose life. I hope to make it to the top this time with you and Angela. We'll celebrate at the top!
Linda

tibber

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:

Trish

It's so nice of you to take on the task of guiding us past the Draw and up the side of the beast. Actually, my brothers and I call the Flatiron "the temptress" as it makes you want to come see the view from there.

I've also climbed to the top of Siphon Draw 4 or 5 times. Just couldn't seem to make the leap to finish up. Now about that "special surprise" ... is it Eek or Yahoo! ????
randy883

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Now about that "special surprise" ... is it or ????

If it is what I'm thinking, then it's both. First Eek then Yahoo! !!!
randy883

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Angela... I would like to do the whole ridgeline again, but my knee has really been giving me grief lately, so there is a good chance I will only do the Flatiron up to 5024, then back down and head to the camp. If that is the case, I will be more than happy to help get you and Linda up there. It is so worth it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: