ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Superstition Ridgeline Dayhike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(2) (2) (0)
User
jmzblond
beckett
User
GTG
randy883
User
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 10/28/2009, 7:55 pm    Post subject: Superstition Ridgeline Dayhike Reply with quote

I'm wanting to do a Ridgeline on Saturday November 14th.

Siphon Draw to Carney Springs with maybe a cutover to Peralta and down from there. I figure we'll plan on leaving the LDSP by 6:30 AM. When we get to the other end, we can just continue walking to camp.

Car camp on Peralta Road Friday night and Saturday night if you want. We'll try to get a campsite on the same side of the road as the Don's camp. Just before you get to the Don's camp. Hopefully the same one we've done for other events.

Shorter hikes are in the area if you want a less strenuous hike and join us at camp. There's a group doing a Flatiron hike you may be interested in.

Or you can just come out and eat and drink with us.

Food Stuff:

GTG - Pot of chili

Interested?
Get in here y'all!
GTG

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OH..BTW I guess Sinalya Girl was planning on hiking the Flatiron tomorrow but she is stuck at an airport in Portland. Will pass that on in the morning to the crew.

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
beckett

PostPosted: 11/14/2009, 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm leaving Surprise around 4:30am. I'll meet y'all at the trail head. Don't think I'll be camping tonight. I didn't sleep well last night and I need my bed tonight.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/14/2009, 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todd texted me last night to let me know he couldn't get either of the regular spots and he is on the left sid eof the road before the Carney Springs turn off if anyone needs this information!

I want to shine!
beckett

PostPosted: 11/14/2009, 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Multi I did it! I did it! I climbed to the Flat Iron!!!

BIG THANKS to Todd, my angel. I could have never done it if he hadn't hiked with me and encouraged me on every step!

Also thanks to Angela, Randy, Dave and John R for all the words of encouragement. John it was so nice of you to hike back up to Todd and I , plus hiking out with me.

This is a day I will never forget!

wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/14/2009, 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea Linda !!!! Applause Glad you reached your goal. That's a nice feeling isn't it!

The others probably aren't back yet, but hope they had a good day too! Cloudy, cool this morning and I thought of you all and said, oooh don't get cold and rainy now. But then it turned sunny and warmer, so I'm guessing, it turned out to be a really nice day to hike, cool and sunny.

And George, hope you and Deanda feel better soon. Colds can be the pits! Just tires one out so. Take care

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
beckett

PostPosted: 11/15/2009, 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great pictures Randy!

randy883

PostPosted: 11/15/2009, 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Linda. I'm so glad you made it up to the Flatiron!! I hope you are feeling alright today, because that is one tough hike.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/15/2009, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
Multi I did it! I did it! I climbed to the Flat Iron!!!

BIG THANKS to Todd, my angel. I could have never done it if he hadn't hiked with me and encouraged me on every step!

Also thanks to Angela, Randy, Dave and John R for all the words of encouragement. John it was so nice of you to hike back up to Todd and I , plus hiking out with me.

This is a day I will never forget!

Thanks all for a great day out yesterday. Linda, I'm glad I was there and you're very welcome. I only took 4 or 5 pictures the whole day. They're coming soon.

GTG
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/15/2009, 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pictures are up, enjoy y'all.
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album84&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

GTG
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/15/2009, 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like ya'll had a good hike despite the possible minny rain droplets. Linda sure has a happy smile.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/16/2009, 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad every one had a great time!

Linda! Way to go girl!!!!! I am so proud of you! Such persistance and determination!

I want to shine!
tibber

PostPosted: 11/16/2009, 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Geez, where to start. First I say hats off to Linda and Todd. It takes a lot of strength to change your mind and it takes a very kind and generous person to help you accomplish a task you've desired to conquer for so long. You can't imagine my surprise that after Todd yelled "I have a rash" and then something about a "cowboy hat"... and as I saw him come down; there was Linda. How impressive was that!!!! Truly amAZing. We were all so thrilled to see her. Multi

Circumstances were such that in spite of the best laid plans, the planets aligned Smiley-Alien so that we all could have an incredible journey to places we've never been or in conditions we've never experienced. But isn't that what the greatest of memories are made of!

I feel like I'm at the Academy Awards Margarita so here goes Laughing :

Thank you Todd :angel: for putting this hike together, even though it turned out to be not quite what you had originally planned.

Thank you Linda Yes for suggesting we should do the Flatiron. Thank you Trish Hiking for saying you would help us get there... even though you couldn't we were able to have some backups which we may not have had if you hadn't suggested you would guide us up.

Thank you Randy Ok for being the perfect backup for such an event. Your kindness and thoughtfulness in finding the best route for me is so greatly appreciated... along with your wonderful sense of humor.

Thank you John Agree for coming along with us and providing an alternative route so I could have a choice; what more can a girl ask for. Oh and thanks for guiding David and I up to Peak 5024!

I still am smiling at how funny Randy and John were. I'm sure you didn't realize it at the time but it made that climb "doable" Scared . If you both hadn't been there, I don't know that I would have finished. It's like when you're at the health club or with your trainer working out vs working out on your own. When you're on your own, it's really hard to do that third set but with the proper encouragement, you persevere. Now granted this was like about 15 sets of climbs Twisted Evil but...

I am hoping I am not the only one that's a tad sore as I am still having trouble getting down my stairs and heels are out of the question.

Oh, the music is playing... Howl
randy883

PostPosted: 11/16/2009, 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Angela...what an excellent write-up! I was glad to be a part of that adventure to the Flatiron and provide a little help and a laugh. Smile
tibber

PostPosted: 11/16/2009, 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
Pictures are up, enjoy y'all.
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album84&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

GTG

I love the commentary.... so excellent!
beckett

PostPosted: 11/16/2009, 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tibber wrote:

I am hoping I am not the only one that's a tad sore as I am still having trouble getting down my stairs and heels are out of the question.

Day two and I'm still in pain. But it was all worth it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: