ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Superstition Ridgeline Dayhike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(2) (2) (0)
User
jmzblond
beckett
User
GTG
randy883
User
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 10/28/2009, 7:55 pm    Post subject: Superstition Ridgeline Dayhike Reply with quote

I'm wanting to do a Ridgeline on Saturday November 14th.

Siphon Draw to Carney Springs with maybe a cutover to Peralta and down from there. I figure we'll plan on leaving the LDSP by 6:30 AM. When we get to the other end, we can just continue walking to camp.

Car camp on Peralta Road Friday night and Saturday night if you want. We'll try to get a campsite on the same side of the road as the Don's camp. Just before you get to the Don's camp. Hopefully the same one we've done for other events.

Shorter hikes are in the area if you want a less strenuous hike and join us at camp. There's a group doing a Flatiron hike you may be interested in.

Or you can just come out and eat and drink with us.

Food Stuff:

GTG - Pot of chili

Interested?
Get in here y'all!
GTG

tibber

PostPosted: 11/11/2009, 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would be happy to pick up some propane for you all if you tell me what you need and where I might get it... or I will bring money. I won't be camping overnite but I want to come and visit.

Is there anything you would like me to bring?

I am very excited about the day. I will be at the Lost Dutchman trailhead (I presume you mean by the ranger station entrance) at 6:30ish. I have Linda's cell phone number.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/11/2009, 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think Randy and I have the camp kitchen, grills and propane covered as of now.

Check with GTG as to where we are meeting within LDSP and other things to bring but I'm assuming we'll be meeting at Siphon Draw TH. But again check with GTG.

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/11/2009, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

randy883 wrote:
I plan on bringing my propane grill to roast the sausage, plus I will have my 2 burner propane stove. Looks like we will have more cooking options than some restaurants! rofl

Is this going to be "Top Chefs...Superstitions?" Laughing We'll be fine with what we have I'm sure. Check with GTG and see if he wants us to bring anything else. I've got a camp kitchen I always bring to these things. I look forward to meeting you!

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/12/2009, 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trish, I PM'd you with info.
I say we meet at the Siphon Draw TH at 6:30 if that works for everyone?

We'll put out a headlamp on strobe facing the road so Trish and J-Me can find us Sat. AM at camp.
J-Me, can you meet us at camp Sat AM?

I have firewood I'll bring too.

I'll be headed out to camp sometime after work Friday night.

What am I missing?

GTG
GTG

PostPosted: 11/12/2009, 9:04 pm    Post subject: as things would have it Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have been super busy and rtunning late as usual all week.
I will either be at camp really late tomorrow night or really early Saturday AM.

GTG
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 11/12/2009, 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, do you think we'll need headlamps?????? 'Cause I don't have one!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
azhiker96

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Argggg. Deanda has come down with a cold and this morning it looks like I'm getting it too. (Is there such a thing as sympathy sick?) Anyway, we're going to stay in and fill up on hot tea and chicken soup this weekend. I know y'all will have a great adventure. It's a terrific hike.
-G
GTG

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that George. J-Me, I'll have you a headlamp, hopefully we won't need them.

GTG
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I won't be camping Saturday night as I was given a special project at work to complete by Monday morning. However, I will still be there at 5:45 AM to pick up the Peralta camp and will just day hike up Flatiron.

Mr. Green

jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:

We'll put out a headlamp on strobe facing the road so Trish and J-Me can find us Sat. AM at camp.
GTG

You will remember to put this light out tomorrow morning, right??? Because I've never actually been to Don's Camp! I know where Carney Springs TH is, and I know where Peralta TH is, and I know that Don's Camp is somewhere in between???!! So, a beacon would be very helpful, indeed!

And, PLEASE don't forget the extra bladder of water for me, or I'll be screwed. I'll bring some extra bottles just in case though.

See ya around 5:30am! Good night!!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

J-Me

I'll bring an extra 100 oz bladder of water too, just in case. Putting it in the fridge right now

Trish

jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks, Trish. I just can't find the right box in the storage unit that has the bladders. Found the packs, but not the bladders! Who knows where they are??!!!!!!!!! See ya in the A.M.

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No sweat J-Me. Don't know if GTG is en-route to the camp tonight already or leaving in the AM. So we got you covered either way

Do you need more than 100 oz? I can fill my Dromendary too.

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todd has the head lamp and the bladder and he will be there to put the light out. He has been scrambling since he got home to get ready to leave. Hasn't left yet but he is getting there.

I want to shine!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Diane....

I've filled an extra 100 oz bladder and my 100 oz Dromendary too just in case someone needs it. Will pick the Ridgeline crew up at 5:45 AM as planned. GTG and J-me have my cell #.

Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: