ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Year's Day South Mountain hike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
ck1
PostPosted: 11/30/2003, 8:41 pm    Post subject: New Year's Day South Mountain hike Reply with quote

OK, what do you guys think of this for New Year's Day 2004

Trail:
South Mountain Park National Trail (East to West)

Description:
We're looking at 14.6 miles. There will be plenty of elevation gain/loss (can't find exact numbers yet). We'll start on the East side at Pima Canyon and end at the San Juan Ramada. Maybe we can add the option of doing the Marcos De Nisa Ridgeline, Pima Canyon to Hidden Valley, then hook up w/ the National trail. Due to the plethora of trails in South Mountain, this hike will allow for "less than" epic hikers to join Epic hikers for a portion of the trail.
Segmented, the hike would be...
Pima Canyon to Buena Vista Lookout (3.59 miles)
Buena Vista Lookout to Telegraph Pass (3.01 miles)
Telegraph Pass to San Juan Road (5.84 miles)
And for those really wanting a short hike San Juan Road to San Juan Ramada (1.50 miles)

There's an additional 1/2 mile extention that climbs a small peak nearby as well

Additionally....
As there is a ramada at the end of the hike, post-hike festivities could take on a whole new light!

Start time...
Well...let's talk about that....http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=846&highlight=

What do you all think?

kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

"Them Apples" sound good to me. I'll be at the trailhead at 8:30AM. May bring a daughter or two, since it's going to be of less epic proportion.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ck1 wrote:
I've just returned from back east (Illinois) for the holiday. And unfortunately someone else will need to take the lead with this hike...as of 10:30am today I'm iffy on being able to go...we only have a few spare days before me move, and we are no where near being packed Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy . I'm not sure if I'll be able to spend the day hiking on the first, and I know I want to be at the anniversary hike/party...so something has to give....

If those planning to attend could take over with specifics I'd appreciate it.

That's cool Dood. It's all understood. I think we've all been there before in one fasion, or another.

No biggy.

Cool
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I am obviously gonna be there but I am not one of the party goers and was looking forward to a bit of a butt kicker! I need a good hard hike!

Ok, all pouting aside I will be there. Any one want to post directioins to Pima so I can find it! Sheri you still in?

I want to shine!
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Rotten Apples!
C’mon Tom – this one is not fit for ‘Real Hikers” Crazy to start the New Year. (I do this hike every day during the week takes only 2-3 hrs. depending on your speed) or do I assume you’re just a wannabe? Rolling Eyes HA HA HA
Where are you true hikers, let’s hear it!
GB
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wave

Sounds fine to me.

Sherileeaz
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gabriele!

I think it is his prehangover fear speaking for his midhangover condition!

I want to shine!
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now. If all of you good females would notice that there is another thread started for this, we would all be fine and dandy...

Whatever!

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I see how it is. I am finally going to be there and everyone drops out. Embarassed Should I take this as a sign? I don't care what trail we do, long, short, hard or laid back, as long as we do something. Like Diane I will not be one of the hungover so I'll be up for anything. Since I can get lost in a 7-11, can I please get specific directions to the trailhead from Tempe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: