ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Year's Day South Mountain hike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
ck1
PostPosted: 11/30/2003, 8:41 pm    Post subject: New Year's Day South Mountain hike Reply with quote

OK, what do you guys think of this for New Year's Day 2004

Trail:
South Mountain Park National Trail (East to West)

Description:
We're looking at 14.6 miles. There will be plenty of elevation gain/loss (can't find exact numbers yet). We'll start on the East side at Pima Canyon and end at the San Juan Ramada. Maybe we can add the option of doing the Marcos De Nisa Ridgeline, Pima Canyon to Hidden Valley, then hook up w/ the National trail. Due to the plethora of trails in South Mountain, this hike will allow for "less than" epic hikers to join Epic hikers for a portion of the trail.
Segmented, the hike would be...
Pima Canyon to Buena Vista Lookout (3.59 miles)
Buena Vista Lookout to Telegraph Pass (3.01 miles)
Telegraph Pass to San Juan Road (5.84 miles)
And for those really wanting a short hike San Juan Road to San Juan Ramada (1.50 miles)

There's an additional 1/2 mile extention that climbs a small peak nearby as well

Additionally....
As there is a ramada at the end of the hike, post-hike festivities could take on a whole new light!

Start time...
Well...let's talk about that....http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=846&highlight=

What do you all think?

evenstar

PostPosted: 12/21/2003, 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

kurthzone wrote:
paintninaz wrote:
evenstar wrote:
Hooli is in! Very Happy

And here I always thought you were sorta... "out there"! rofl

You're right Tracy, Hooli is in is the epitomy of oxymorons!

Oh, and BTW I'm in for the hike on New Years Day. "All is quiet on new years day." Bono

On second thought maybe it won't be so quiet if Hooli along. Mr. Green

OK, I missed this when it was first posted and as the Kinder, Gentler AND QUIETER Hooli I must say I'm terribly offended Rolling Eyes by both of you and so I'm cancelling the extremely expensive and VERY IN Christmas presents I was planning on giving you. Moon

And if you camp on the 10th I'm gonna have Rich anoint your tents! Twisted Evil
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
srlatty

PostPosted: 12/21/2003, 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm in! I've been waiting to make sure I didn't have to back out at the last minute.
Any word on a starting time? I can help with shuttling vehicles to the far end.
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 12/22/2003, 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
...so I'm cancelling the extremely expensive and VERY IN Christmas presents I was planning on giving you. Moon

Hooli Chia Pets are not in and I've still got mine from last year. Grass is all dead, so it looks like Rich annointed it. Wouldn't surprise me.
outside1

PostPosted: 12/22/2003, 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Add one more to the list, I am in.
I wouldn’t miss having the first hike of the year with out the “Hike Arizona” crew.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/22/2003, 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

kurthzone wrote:
evenstar wrote:
...so I'm cancelling the extremely expensive and VERY IN Christmas presents I was planning on giving you. Moon

Hooli Chia Pets are not in and I've still got mine from last year. Grass is all dead, so it looks like Rich annointed it. Wouldn't surprise me.

Hooli, no offense pal, but I know what kind of extremely expensive and "very in" presents you've been giving out this year...(remember I heard how you went all out for Rich's birthday! Eek)...so I'm thinking doing without the gift exchange is sounding pretty good! rofl

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
srlatty

PostPosted: 12/26/2003, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is this still on? Since I can't make it to the Anniversary cookout/campout/hike, I'm thinking this might be my best chance to hike with some of you in the near future. Who's in?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/26/2003, 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm in!

I want to shine!
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/26/2003, 7:57 pm    Post subject: South Mountain Hike - New Years Day Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm definitely in too, looking forward to it (Now just need to know the time and place to meet)
Very Happy
Gabriele
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/26/2003, 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm in! I need directions too.

Thanks,
Sheri Hiking
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/27/2003, 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why not just post directions...... Sheri ya wanna carpool?

I want to shine!
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/27/2003, 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
Why not just post directions...... Sheri ya wanna carpool?

Ok Diane! Let me know the details.

Sheri Hiking
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/27/2003, 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As soon as I kow the details I will give you said details! Very Happy Any one else who may want to ride along from over here on the west side is welcome. Total, I can fit 5 in my car counting me. Mind you, it is only a car and not an SUV so it won't be incredibly roomy but hey! So does someone in charge here wanna throw out some directions and details of the day so we can all make plans here?

I want to shine!

PostPosted: 12/27/2003, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Believe it or not I'm still in. Looking forward to the details. And I like Colin's idea of Aunt Chilada's afterward. I've never been so the whole day will be a new experience for me Very Happy
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/27/2003, 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
It is already on the calendar. BTW, any member can add things to the calendar... Wink

But how about the details, or am I missing something from the calendar, all it says is that there will be a hike on the 1/1/04 ??? Maybe we need a standard format for these things (that's the bureaucrat in me talking).

Trail Name
Meeting Location
Date
Time
Reference information (book, website, etc.)
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/27/2003, 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This one's Ck1's baby. He's out of town till the 30th, so hang tight and I'm sure he'll post the details when he returns. I'm not sure if I can make this one, I have plans for the afternoon. If I can squeeze this in, I will. And, if I do make it, I'll lead a group up to the ridgeline above Marcos De Niza Rock and over to Hidden Valley. If you've never done that one, you'll love it. Beats the heck out of the freeway system trails!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: