ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Private Messages
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/26/2003, 11:51 pm    Post subject: Private Messages Reply to topic Reply with quote

I added a modification tonight that had a good effect and a bad one. The good effect is that now we can set up groups of users, with a moderator who will have the ability to send a blanket pm to everyone in the group. This will allow us to communicate information for things like the Dutchman Trail Epic this saturday. Tonight, we set up a group specifically for that Epic, with Ck1 as the moderator. He will add all the members, including the non-epic participants. He can then use that to send out a pm with the directions to the meeting spot, etc.

The bad effect... well.... at the moment, when you send a regular pm to another user, you'll get an error message. It may seem the pm didn't go out, but it did, that part is still working. What isn't working is the email notification that is sent to the recipient. It isn't being sent out. I'll try to figure the issue out tomorrow morning, tomorrow night, or friday (depending on when I have time). I think it's fairly simple, we most likely need to upgrade the board to phpBB version 2.0.6 That will be a time consuming process, however, so please be patient. I'll get it working again soon! If I can't get it done before the Epic, I'll roll all the code back to take remove the modification and readd it when I get the upgrade done.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/27/2003, 2:05 pm    Post subject: problems Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now that's the problem with this site, they're always changing something or other. I never know what to click on or not, things are never the same between visits. It's always moved around from last time.

Oops, sorry wrong site.
Keep up the good work Mike.

Happy Thanksgiving too.

GTG
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/27/2003, 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Heare here.

You guys do a great job. The speed is pretty noticeable.

Are we past the PII 266? With 64 megs of ram?...

(omg...I better chill. I don't want to wake up with a Hooli-head effigy in my bed now...)

Very Happy
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 11/27/2003, 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's not an effigy...... Crazy
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 11/27/2003, 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great!! Did CK1 send it out yet??
Sherilee Hiking
plummer150

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 7:55 am    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How come when I get a new message, that little window doesn't pop up as I log in anymore? I've realized this for awhile now but I've finally decided to just bring it up now. I don't always look up at that part of the screen, my fault of course for not being observant, but I was always able to catch when I had a new message with the pop up window. Make sense? Ha. Maybe someone could answer that for me!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Plummer, I set my profile to do the popup, sent myself a message and it worked fine. Do you have a popup blocker running on your pc? If so, that might explain why it isn't working for you.
plummer150

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 10:08 am    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ha, thats what it is. I just went to options for the blocker and allowed popups from this site now. Thanks.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Another satisfied customer! Very Happy
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/11/2003, 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Another satisfied customer! Very Happy

Me too!! Thanks Mike!

Sherileeaz Hiking
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 2/16/2004, 5:29 pm    Post subject: In Valid Sessions Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi;

When I attempt at PM's I get In Valid Sessions when I submit.

Nighthiker
John Kevin
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/16/2004, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

John, is it every time or random? Also, what OS and browser/version do you use?
Suzaz

PostPosted: 2/16/2004, 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have found that if I click "preview" first and then submit the PM works fine.
(AOL nightmare here)
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 2/17/2004, 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike iMac,os 9.2.1, AOL 5.0 rev 19.46
I did what Suzaz suggested and I was able to PM, thnaks Mike and Suzaz.

Nighthiker
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/17/2004, 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I suspected it might be a Mac issue. I'll look into it. Suzaz, are you using a Mac, too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: