ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Calling Page Rob for help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 4/7/2009, 3:28 pm    Post subject: Calling Page Rob for help Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey PageRob, I met an interesting family at the Canyon, March 21, and thought maybe you could help me out a bit and others might find what you have to say about them interesting, too. I’m assuming you know them and may have interacted with them before.
Anyway the family consisted of a Mom, Dad and a youngster. It was hard to tell Ma and Pa apart as they both had bald wrinkly heads, long necks, big noses and scruffy hair growing off the backs of their necks that looked like some sort of weird fashion attire. At least junior still had a head of hair, but I could tell he/she was somewhat depressed knowing that by the age of six he/she would look like Ma and Pa. Is the going bald at six true?
Ma and Pa really stood out and embarrassed their young one because they both wore their name tags on their appendages, along with some hi-tech I-pod. Pa’s name was Ate E. Seven and Ma’s name was Thurd E. Three.
I didn’t know who was Ma or who was Pa until one of them started dancing around in circles, plucking things from his body in offering to Ma, then exposing himself to his family members and myself. It was obvious he was in the mood and wanted Ma’s attention while poor junior looked on.
Sorry for posting pics here, but the album feature hasn’t been working since Shawn broke it. LOL Sure am glad my wolf album wasn’t the last album the gallery worked for.
PageRob, please take a good look at them and tell us what you know of them and their history if you could. I think it will be interesting. I got tons of pictures of these Condors, they hung out forever. It was fun seeing a wild born juvenile.

Above is the juvenile which I assume was born in the wild.

Have fun and add a caption to this one. Number 87 was really strutting his stuff, dancing and trying to wow his mate.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 4/7/2009, 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How did I get blamed for the gallery? Wink
Suz

PostPosted: 4/7/2009, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool shots Kent!
PageRob

PostPosted: 4/7/2009, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yup, that looks like the juvie that was hatched last year in Pipe Creek. Good to see the parents are still doing the courtship thing, though they probably won't produce this year, since they'll still be taking care of their young'un.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 4/8/2009, 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:
How did I get blamed for the gallery? Wink

Same reason Stan gets blamed for being a thread killer. You were the last one to post before it died!

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: