ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Happy Birthday Azbackpackr!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertgirl

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 9:06 am    Post subject: Happy Birthday Azbackpackr! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wishing you a very happy Birthday!!!!
Yep -- It was yesterday but I got online just today!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, thanks! I am not sure I like this age, though! Can I please be assigned another one? Sad

But for 56 I guess I am doing ok, physically and emotionally, and very well relationshipally. NOT very good financially, but guess what, that is not the most important thing in life! I have a nice house and a nice family and a nice husband, so I really have no complaints.

But I like to complain anyway, sometimes! Rolling Eyes

We went hiking on my birthday, up by Greer, along Lang Creek, which is easy to walk along, has a faint trail. Saw no other hikers, as usual. Weather not bad. And no snow, yet! I never did get to xc ski this year--I replaced that with kayaking in Yuma! There is always a pretty good chance of a big spring storm coming in and making more skiing possible.

We'll go hiking today, also, probably, although I am trying to get my garden area ready, apply for the Forest Service summer seasonal, AND do spring cleaning!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:

And I really miss Hooli, who would have had a smart alecky remark about my comment. There is no one to replace him, that's for sure! Sad
Matt Hoffman

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey! I just saw this. Happy belated birthday! Don't get down about your age. I have friends who are right there with you who are very active cyclists and hikers. They could whoop my butt any day of the week. Plus, my parents are around your age and they are very fit and active as well. Age is no excuse to be lazy and fat. Keep kicking @$$!!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
azbackpackr wrote:

And I really miss Hooli, who would have had a smart alecky remark about my comment. There is no one to replace him, that's for sure! Sad

Yes he would have Elizabeth..... Crying or Very sad
So I say we hold onto that part of Hooli and enjoy what we know he WOULD have said.

Happy Birthday!

I want to shine!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks you guys! Very Happy

Hey, it was Ken the Superstitions b-day too!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Elizabeth !!!

Sounds like it was a nice one even if you don't like the age. "Age doesn't matter if you don't mind". Just a thought there

And it sounds like you did a few nice things to celebrate it, so glad you had a good one.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
oliverr99

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy B-day!I have never met you, but I will at Keet Seel!
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy Birthday!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks!

Oliver99, I'm sorry to say I cancelled on Keet Seel. I realized I just can't commit to anything right now until I figure out where I'll be working this summer.

Yeah, I know, Michelle. I am really not that bothered by it. The one thing that bothers me is if I have to be indoors for a job on a nice day. I look outside and feel strongly that it is one more wasted day I can't spend outdoors, and I feel my life slipping away, with so many "unused" sunny days that are lost forever. I would look out the window at my job and I could see the mountains and the blue sky and puffy clouds, but I was stuck indoors. That's why I decided to go back to school bus driving, for one thing--at least you are out driving around. For another thing, there are almost always openings for school bus drivers, no matter what the jobless rate is! They were practically begging me to come back there.
beckett

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Make it a week long celebration!
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
mikehikes

PostPosted: 3/24/2009, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy B'day. Sorry I missed it. Hope all is well. Doing better than expected here.
Deborah

PostPosted: 3/25/2009, 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy belated birthday. Bummer, for many years we have emailed on and off about trips, but work between me and you never pans out. I was looking forward to hiking with you at Keet Seel too. I hope I make it up there , since work seems to run into my life too!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/25/2009, 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, work. That four-letter word! Thanks for the birthday wishes, both you SAHC folks (the two above posts.) (Deborah, you should ask more SAHCies to check out this site!

I don't think I can make Keet Seel, so just decided to lay low and try to get ahead here. I'm applying for about 6 different FS jobs, but of course, they are hard to get. Fingers crossed. And my husband thinks I won't like working in a huge bureaucracy. Oh, well, got to try something!

I'm trying to plan this really cool trip with a friend of mine. There is a 10,229 foot peak just to the south of Pie Town, NM, called Alegres Peak. It's an isolate, not in a mtn. range. So it sticks way up there! Covered in pine, spruce, fir, aspen. Hardly anyone climbs it because you have to get permission from landowners. I have wanted to get up there for years, but never knew who to ask. It just about fell in my lap today. This lady I know is friends with the landowners. We're thinking about doing it the last weekend in May. There isn't much of a trail and what trail there used to be is covered in deadfall. There is talk of re-routing the CDT over this mtn. but all the landowners would have to agree to it.

Here are the stats: http://www.listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Climbers.php?Id=11672

There won't be a possibility of inviting a group, though. This will be me and my friend, with landowner as guide. I'll report it if we do go, though.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 3/25/2009, 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Elizabeth...

Your new birthdate is 03-24-1958. This way you're still older and wiser than me, But hey.....age is just a number. And you can still get that AARP discount!!!

Happy birthday (a little late)

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: