ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Luck with standbye Canyon Permits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAB

PostPosted: 3/11/2009, 8:12 pm    Post subject: Luck with standbye Canyon Permits Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey all, long time. I keep lurking and love viewing all the trip pictures, but work and life at home have the upper hand right now.

Anyways, we've been trying to get a permit for a Canyon trip for months, and after countless submissions to no avail, we have decided to drive up and do the old standbye.

We are hiking the first weekend of May, plan on leaving on Thursday and hoping for a permit Friday am so we can spend 2 days in the canyon.

I'm just wondering if I'm expecting too much and should plan on just camping on the rim and doing day trips, or will my hopes of spending the night on the river come to pass?

All input is greatly appreciated. Be good everyone.

Doug

- To those who do... and to those that don't. Cheers!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 3/11/2009, 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Honestly in the dozen + trips I've never not received a permit I was hoping for. They have denied it when I faxed it off with less than 3 weeks before a trip, but I was always able to just go to the BCO and get the permit the morning of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: