ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Made in the USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azhiker96

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 9:00 am    Post subject: Made in the USA Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's tough to find anything made in the USA anymore. Companies who wanted greater profits have moved production to China, India, Philippines, etc. Consumers, voting with purchases, approved of that move. That led other companies to follow suit just to stay in business. Is anything made in the USA other than cars.....for now?

Yes, I just found this link to www.stillmadeinusa.com

It's kinda clunky and may not be totally up to date but I did find a place to buy Made in America blue jeans.

My purchase won't fix our economic problems just as those two cigarette butts I rescued from Boulder Canyon trail won't save the environment. But it's something.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you could always make your own stuff! the goose down i use for bags is made in Canada, or processed there. The fabrics are made by american companies... but the final product is made by me, right here in Arizona!

you gotta love it.

what i do
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I recently fulfulled a life-long desire to own some Stickley furniture. In spite of the obscene price, I love it and enjoy it a little everyday. That it is all American-made is icing on the cake.
KFarm

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All I know, Levi jeans are total junk now that they have started making them overseas.

John Wayne
azhiker96

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm going to order a pair of www.texasjeans.com this weekend to check them out. They are made in the US with US denim. I'm just not sure which style I want. I'll probably go with relaxed fit though. Smile
azhiker96

PostPosted: 3/22/2009, 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got the jeans this week. I like the bluejeans, original fit #55. They fit well and Deanda says they look good.

I also bought two pairs of their A47 Humvee pants, one in medium and one in large. These are advertised as the civilian version of army combat pants. They will be good for working in the yard and winter adventures outdoors. They have lots of pockets and all the pockets have either buttons or velcro to secure them. The medium are just a little too tight and the large are a little too loose. Reminds me of my fatigues when I was in the service.

I was surprised to find a velcro closed pocket at the knees. It appears to be made to hold knee guards. That would be useful for gardening or rollerblading.
Shawn

PostPosted: 3/22/2009, 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been getting jeans from Duluth Trading Post, no tax and often no shipping but shipping is pretty steep when they do charge it. Quite comfortable and seem to wear well.
azhiker96

PostPosted: 3/22/2009, 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those do look great. Any idea where they are made? I can't find it listed on their website and I can't find an annual statement. I don't have anything against helping other nations but this year I'm trying to support US industries as much as I can.
Shawn

PostPosted: 3/22/2009, 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try this:

http://stillmadeinusa.com/jeans.htm
azhiker96

PostPosted: 3/22/2009, 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, I checked that link but didn't see Duluth Trading post listed. I just sent Duluth Trading post an email asking where they manufacture their jeans. If it's in the US, I'll forward that information to the stillmadeinusa folks for inclusion on their website.

Edit: Duluth responded today, very quick response. They said their are many different manufacturing locations for their products but if I tell them a specific item they'll be happy to let me know where it's made. Overall, a good honest response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: