ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Nov 2008 GHOTM Superstition Ridgeline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(6) (1) (4)
User
kurthzone
paintninaz
vernitron
Tom Treks
Deborah
outside1
User
Daddee
User
Hikngrl
Suz
beckett
wanderingsoul
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 10/27/2008, 4:15 pm    Post subject: Nov 2008 GHOTM Superstition Ridgeline Reply with quote

Nov 2008 GHOTM Superstition Ridgeline

We will plan on doing a north to south route utilizing shuttle drivers to get hikers to the Siphon Draw trailhead and then hiking to the Carney Springs trailhead.
We will leave the campground by 6:15 AM saturday to get over to the Siphon Draw trailhead by 7:00 AM. We will start the hike between 7:00 and 7:15 AM.

We will also plan to car camp Friday and Saturday nights at the regular place just east of the Don's camp on the left side of Peralta Road with a potluck dinner Saturday night.
Directions to camp -
Head east on US 60.
7.6 miles east of the junction Idaho Rd / US-60. Turn Left on to FS77 which is Peralta Road. Follow FS77 5.6 miles to a left and up turnoff. Continue about 1.7 miles, the camp will be on your left just before the Dons Camp entrance and about .3 miles before the end of the road/Peralta parking lot.

Smaller hikes can be done from either end for those of us wanting a smaller hike.

Get in here y'all!

GTG

MENU ITEMS -

Hikngrl and GTG - marinated and grilled flank steak and corn/pepper salad

paintininaz - homemade loaded baked potato soup and some sort of crusty bread or breadsticks

outside1 - batch of chili

Tom Treks - firewood and salad

ck1 - gumbo and salad tongs

Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/13/2008, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
beckett wrote:
I will probably plan to take family over to that area for a different hike that weekend. What time should we plan to arrive if we would like to join the pot-luck?
Linda

I would like to join up with the group for the potluck; however, I never got an answer to this question. Is it ok to come just for the potluck? Let me know and I will then sign up to bring something.

I'm sure my post just got overlooked.

Linda

Of course it's fine to just come for the potluck
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/13/2008, 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
beckett wrote:
I will probably plan to take family over to that area for a different hike that weekend. What time should we plan to arrive if we would like to join the pot-luck?
Linda

I would like to join up with the group for the potluck; however, I never got an answer to this question. Is it ok to come just for the potluck? Let me know and I will then sign up to bring something.

I'm sure my post just got overlooked.

Linda

Certainly! We would love to have you join us!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/13/2008, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wouldn't even consider trying to be the boss of you Tom. No way I could do that job! Scared But the wood will be appreciated by all I am sure! Sposed to be kinda chilly out there in the night time!

I want to shine!
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/13/2008, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Wouldn't even consider trying to be the boss of you Tom. No way I could do that job! Scared

Dang straight... where's the little pimpin' around smiley?

Shades
beckett

PostPosted: 11/13/2008, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not trying to be difficult here but the original question was...

beckett wrote:
What time should we plan to arrive if we would like to join the pot-luck?
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/13/2008, 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Figure any timebefoew 4;30 would be safe. That about right Todd?
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/14/2008, 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
Not trying to be difficult here but the original question was...

beckett wrote:
Linda

Oh Linda! You want us to ACCURATELY read ALL the posts and answer questions? Isn't that a bit much to ask? Wink

If they are planning to be down off the mountains by 4:30 I would say that would be a good time to arrive or soon after as hikers will clean up and then we will all start warming things up to eat. Every one will be hungry and the dark will be rolling in soon so we will want to get the process at least started before it gets dark...

Hows that?

I want to shine!
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/14/2008, 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
beckett wrote:

beckett wrote:
Linda

Oh Linda! You want us to ACCURATELY read ALL the posts and answer questions? Isn't that a bit much to ask? :wink:

as hikers will clean up and then we will all start warming things up to eat. Every one will be hungry and the dark will be rolling in soon so we will want to get the process at least started before it gets dark...

Hows that?

What's this "as soon as hikers clean up"? we started a new tradition? :P
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/14/2008, 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Hikngrl wrote:
beckett wrote:

beckett wrote:
Linda

Oh Linda! You want us to ACCURATELY read ALL the posts and answer questions? Isn't that a bit much to ask? Wink

as hikers will clean up and then we will all start warming things up to eat. Every one will be hungry and the dark will be rolling in soon so we will want to get the process at least started before it gets dark...

Hows that?

What's this "as soon as hikers clean up"? we started a new tradition? Razz

You see Linda, this is a fine example of our member's inability to read accurately....... Note the word "soon" inserted into a sentence where previously it did not exist.... Rolling Eyes Hooli wake up! Laughing

I want to shine!
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/14/2008, 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm innocent angel as everybody'cept a couple of Brats knows!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
beckett

PostPosted: 11/14/2008, 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How about I bring the fixins for s'mores?

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/15/2008, 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since I can't do the hike, I'll stop by for the after hike.... as long as they are going through all the trouble to clean up afterwards. Laughing Just kidding.
Haven't seen some of you in a while so it will be nice to chat around a fire and say hello.
Don't know what I'll bring, kinda drawing a blank here at moment, but I'll think of something. If anyone is hungry for something in particular let me know.
So you're camping at the same spot right? Thought I heard something mentioned that it was blocked, but not if it is the one I'm thinking of. Guess I'll just drive up/down looking for ya. Did that last year and it worked.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
ck1

PostPosted: 11/16/2008, 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

kurthzone wrote:
Does anyone know who this bearded cigar smoker is?

I'd bet it was a very special blend.

I'm in, haven't done the ridgeline in some time, and never in this direction. Todd, I'll bring gumbo.

I'll bring my Cohiba's (Hecho En Cuba). They weren't stored properly, so are a bit dry, but we'll see...

"The Journey is the Destination"
ck1

PostPosted: 11/16/2008, 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tom Treks wrote:

Mark me down for a tossed salad

Funniest line ever....though perhaps only Tim and I would think so.

"The Journey is the Destination"
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/16/2008, 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ck1 wrote:
Tom Treks wrote:

Mark me down for a tossed salad

Funniest line ever....though perhaps only Tim and I would think so.

Love you too, balloon-boy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: