ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Holiday Party 2008
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Saturday in December should we have the Christmas Party?
December 6
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
December 13
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
December 20
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
None of the above - Friday or Sunday is a better day for me.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

Registration
(14) (1) (3)
User
Davis2001R6
GTG
Hikngrl
kurthzone
desertgirl
Hnak
Tom Treks
paintninaz
beckett
sbkelley
aspen_oaks
Valet2
bigfoot
outside1
User
wanderingsoul
User
jdahling
gpsjoe
Trishness
jdahling

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 10:32 am    Post subject: Holiday Party 2008 Reply to topic Reply with quote

SO - let's start talking about the Holiday party in December, it will be here before you know it...

How does this normally work? Can we mix it up a bit this year? Who wants to host? Is there a gift exchange?

Sorry - but weekends will fill up quickly and I wanted to get this one on the calendar!
Smile

*******************UPDATES*******************
Date: Dec 20th
6:00 PM Start Time

Gift Exchange - $20.00 - $25.00 For A Hiking Related Gift

Now - on to the gifts & the menu.

MENU -
Hikngrl and GTG - cheese and meat board with crackers and bread

Suz - SOMETHING

desertgirl - Spicy Mediterranean Dip + Hummus + Pita

TomTreks - some artichoke dip, and dare I say it, crackers

Davis2001R6 - house, booze, stuffed mushrooms, pigs in zen, jello shots, bacon wrapped dates.

paintininaz - some cheese and green chili tamales and chicken and green chili ones

kurthzone - enchiladas

wanderingsoul - meat balls

beckett - some kind of cake

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes! I agree! As usual I will throw out that our house is available as a site but I realize that it is small but we can use the back yard with the fire ring and such. However if someone with a larger house wants to step up I would not be at all offended. Just don't want to not have a place to have it!

I want to shine!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can we have the party before the 19th of Dec Very Happy . I am out after that till Jan 17.
jdahling

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So - we can do the party whenever we want! Earlier in Dec is probably a better fit than later.

Saturdays in December are: 6, 24, 30, 27. I am assuming that Saturday is the preferred day. I'll start a poll for the Saturdays in December. (I think I can update this post, but not entirely sure.. Smile )

WRT Location - I don't mind hosting either ... but am game to head where the party is as well. (Just giving us options & choices!)

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The 13th (or the 20th) would work for me. I'm already committed for the 6th...

I'd host it, but it's kind of a long drive.... Wink

Hank
beckett

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm so glad to be able to attend the holiday party this year. I'm looking forward to being able to attend...no matter where it is or when it is. Earlier in the month is better for me.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Suz

PostPosted: 10/21/2008, 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wonder if we aren't going at this in the wrong order.

Should we pick the place and then the date? I'm good with either order.

Always happy to offer my home up, too.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll throw my house as an option too. I do have a lot of wine and booze I need to get rid of before going to Italy. Anyone want to help?

BTW I voted for the 20th but have an open calendar so any day works. It won't let you post without voting though Sad
oliverr99

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wine! Did you say you have a lot of wine! I would be happy to help you drink that wine. I can bring some too! I still have to bring some of that Chilean wine I keep talking about Laughing
evenstar

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm with Tim......Suz is just too far away.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Suz

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like the idea of Tim's Christmas wine cellar, too!

I think there are Far more EAST Siders than Westies------we've already done that survey, haven't we? Perhaps there is someone near the 101 and 202 that might consider hosting?
evenstar

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim's pretty much centralized.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
I like the idea of Tim's Christmas wine cellar, too!

I think there are Far more EAST Siders than Westies------we've already done that survey, haven't we? Perhaps there is someone near the 101 and 202 that might consider hosting?

Well how about we find someone to rent my house for 3 years, then I'll rent a place at the 101/202 for the party?
sbkelley

PostPosted: 10/22/2008, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps there is someone near the 101 and 202 that might consider hosting?

Well Tanya and I are right there (near University and McClintock in Tempe), but we don't have a very big place. Probably enough room for 10-12 at the most. If that's the party size, then we're willing. Somehow I get the feeling that these are more well-attended than that.
aspen_oaks

PostPosted: 10/23/2008, 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If I was not homeless I would help out with a place..........I can fit 6 uncomfortably in my car though.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: