ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A walk in the wilderness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
YH
Hooli Wants to be just like me!

PostPosted: 8/20/2008, 9:20 am    Post subject: A walk in the wilderness Reply to topic Reply with quote

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!
I was able to get away for a 6 day solo loop this month in the Cascades of Oregon. I spent my time with three sisters know as Faith, Hope and Charity. Three finer ladies one would be hard pressed to find! Hug

It is a land of volcanic mountains, vast meadows, deep forests, lakes and tumbling streams. My picture don’t capture the many flowers that spread out across meadows. There were no big mileage days…a leisurely trek of about 40 miles. At one point I could almost hear the voice of God singing through His mountains. Magnificent!

So if a picture is worth a thousand words I’ll spare you the words and give you this link with pics to music. Maybe you too will hear His song.

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=Yosemite+Hiker&P=&SID=225437&Show=Y

Oh, and by the way…The three beautiful ladies, Faith, Hope and Charity, are three mountains known as The Three Sisters. Beautiful indeed!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/20/2008, 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh YH, how wonderful! I am glad to see you are venturing out and have found yet another awesome place to exercise your dreams! Thank you for sharing it all with us! I look forward to more!

I want to shine!
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 8/20/2008, 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

YH, your sisters are my type of women, I would like to hook up with them someday. Any woman that can touch a mans heart & spirit in such a way is a special lady indeed.

Thanks for introducing your sisters Very Happy
rayhiker

PostPosted: 8/20/2008, 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Such beautiful pictures! I was just looking at Three Sisters Wilderness -- what loop did you do? I want to go!
YH

PostPosted: 8/20/2008, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
YH, your sisters are my type of women, I would like to hook up with them someday. Any woman that can touch a mans heart & spirit in such a way is a special lady indeed.

Thanks for introducing your sisters Very Happy

Heat, you would love them. There was something strangely different about these ladies, though. I never heard them speak once! very strange!
Oooops Shocked ...I better go now before I end up like Hooli!
YH

PostPosted: 8/20/2008, 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rayhiker wrote:
Such beautiful pictures! I was just looking at Three Sisters Wilderness -- what loop did you do? I want to go!

I came in and camped at the base of South Sister at a lake called Camp Lake (very original!) Then I went between South and Middle Sisters to connect up with a trail that took me into Eileen Lake and eventually to the PCT. That goes to to the north of North Sister which is where I grabbed a connector trail back towards my trail head. Nice lakes meadows and mountains. Should you want actual details PM me and I'll fill in the many blanks. It's a very nice loop.
TrailHappy

PostPosted: 8/25/2008, 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

YH, it's good to hear you're enjoying God's country up there in the beautiful northwest! what incredible imagery, thank you for sharing. It looks like you were even blessed with good weather for much of your trip, a rarity in the northwest. I wasn't into hiking when I lived up there many years ago, but the scenery sure brings back a lot of fond memories.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 8/25/2008, 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

WOW, those pictures were gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could go there and meet your sisters, someday!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 8/25/2008, 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A walk in the wilderness Reply to topic Reply with quote

YH wrote:
Maybe you too will hear His song.

I certainly do!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/26/2008, 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wonderful show !!! thanks for sharing. Flowers amongst the snowy backdrop and the lakes and water reflections beautiful.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: