ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Expensive booze vs. Cheap booze

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 6/10/2008, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Expensive booze vs. Cheap booze Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, you can have the most expensive booze in the world either as scotch, tequila, wine, by the bottle, or just plain ridiculously expensive; or you can have the cheapest booze in the world.

You'll notice certain mortality issues mentioned for the cheapest stuff - but I imagine that if you've worked through "less reputable" connections to wrangle the necessary funds to manage the more expensive stuff, I imagine there would be a certain mortality rate involved there as well.

Oh, and as an afterthought: Aftershave? Seriously?

Oh, and the jingle for Thunderbird has to be one of the greatest pieces of marketing literature ever.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 6/10/2008, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like I've got 5 more things to add to my "to do" list

Kerouac
sacred_datura

PostPosted: 6/13/2008, 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've had a few from the same distilleries at a significantly lower price point. Still $30 for a lil' drink is pretty exorbitant when you think about it.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 6/14/2008, 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i find it interesting that Patron made that list. As far as I know, Patron doesnt even grow their own plants and they purchase their agave from local growers, which means every batch of Patron could reasonably be of varying flavor, quality and texture. Sure, Casa Noble or Zafarancha also varies from year to year, but at least they use their own farms. It would be like a Napa grower importing grapes from Austrailia. (and then claiming to be a california wine)
so for most tequila snobs, Patron is rarely mentioned with good reviews in the circles of agave fans. I certainly think it is highly overpriced and far too popular. advertising works!
try this instead: el tesoro blanco or herencia reposado and save $300

what i do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: