ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Want to see some spectacular display of wildflowers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/22/2008, 6:21 pm    Post subject: Want to see some spectacular display of wildflowers? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know this is late notice but to anyone that loves wildflowers don't miss out on this opportuntiy. I'm not exaggerating and you will thank yourself by going to see these, it is mind boggling.

Go out State Route 88 to the Reavis Trailhead. Hike up the trail 2 miles. It is unbelievable most of the way, but if you want your socks knocked off go at least two miles to see a display like none you have probably seen before. I'm not kidding. I did 20 plus miles out there today, but that first two miles will stun your mind. Give the sun time to open them up.

They are peaked right now and will be superb tommorow and probably on Monday. Again if you love wildflowers, I'm not kidding.
IGO

PostPosted: 3/22/2008, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Still kinda light around here.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 3/24/2008, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also lots of wildlife, camp was visited with coyotes, quail including babies, rabbits, bobcat, lots of buzzards, hawks and owls. The full moon was very impressive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: