ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
kayak for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 3/3/2008, 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Could you see a 16 foot long Kayak on the roof of my 6 foot long car?
Still, maybe we'll live long enough to see the Colorado river make it all the way to Mexico again and we can do it that way. What about it Elizabeth/!
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/4/2008, 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
I'm interested in a very long touring kayak. 16 feet I expect. My goals are to tour the shoreline of this lake and the one above it.

Maybe you'll have to rent a different apt. with a garage, or rent a storage space if your living room isn't long enough! Very Happy

Speaking of river running, right now I am trying to get a group together from my area to go on a one-day commercial rafting trip on the Salt. If anyone wants to meet us at the put-in (Salt River Canyon bridge on Hwy 60/77, north of Globe) and be a part of the group, let me know. I think we are aiming for Sat. Mar 22 and we will definitely be going with this company: http://www.blueskyww.com/index.html

PM me if interested. I am going to be making a reservation for my group, but anyone who wants to join us probably should make a separate reservation. Right now I may have a full boat's worth of people, (5) but am trying for a second boat.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/4/2008, 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, hey IGO, I didn't see that last post! I have tried to get this canoe trip thing together to go from Blythe to Imperial Dam for years! Then I sold my canoe (stupid me, but it did pay for my backpacking trip in the Sierras in '06.) Now I just have this little Perception Dancer whitewater kayak. I need to get some lessons in order to be safe in that thing. I know someone who did an unsupported multi-day trip in one of those things, you just have to think like a backpacker when packing it, I guess--no coolers full of beer!
Daryl

PostPosted: 3/5/2008, 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Speaking of river running, right now I am trying to get a group together from my area to go on a one-day commercial rafting trip on the Salt. If anyone wants to meet us at the put-in (Salt River Canyon bridge on Hwy 60/77, north of Globe) and be a part of the group, let me know. I think we are aiming for Sat. Mar 22 and we will definitely be going with this company: http://www.blueskyww.com/index.html

I did this a couple years ago with blue sky. What a blast! I'd suggest the overnight trip though! One day wasn't enough and the guides would be a blast around a camp fire!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: