ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Epic Hike #3 (November)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
ck1
PostPosted: 10/26/2003, 1:50 pm    Post subject: Epic Hike #3 (November) Reply with quote

The Epic Hike Selection Committee is looking for suggestions for next month's Epic Hike.

Some parameters....we'd like to be able to involve many of the support/greeting crew in the next Epic Hike, so maybe something not as "severe" as the previous two.

So, we're looking for hikes that could still be considered "epic" but that more members could participate in hiking (to some degree). Let's get a few suggestions and we'll put it to a vote.

Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: PRG/misc Reply to topic Reply with quote

JW63 wrote:
BTW I spent six hours talking to "Mother Superstitions" today and she wouldn't say anything about the sandal. I started late and only wanted to do 15 out and back, so I didn't cover the mile or two before the place where we all had lunch. Maybe next week I'll get an early start and get to the lunch stop, in case it fell off in that section. Jim.

Jim, if I remember right, she noticed it missing at that clearing we stopped at before venturing past that first clump of deciduous trees on the way to Charlebois. It was at the first "snack/picture" stop.

I think maybe you need to go out there again tomorrow, but add another 2, or 3 miles to your jaunt. Each way of course. Cool
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks bro! Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
JW63 wrote:
BTW I spent six hours talking to "Mother Superstitions" today and she wouldn't say anything about the sandal. I started late and only wanted to do 15 out and back, so I didn't cover the mile or two before the place where we all had lunch. Maybe next week I'll get an early start and get to the lunch stop, in case it fell off in that section. Jim.

HikerInGilbert wrote:
Jim, if I remember right, she noticed it missing at that clearing we stopped at before venturing past that first clump of deciduous trees on the way to Charlebois. It was at the first "snack/picture" stop.

I think maybe you need to go out there again tomorrow, but add another 2, or 3 miles to your jaunt. Each way of course. 8)

Thanks, dude, I knew I could count on you to be helpful, as usual!

Tomorrow we're doing the Rincon summit in Tucson, so I probably won't get out there again, right away. But maybe a night/flashlight hike would nail it. Can I count on you to do that kind of an "overnight" variation?

But I did go past the spot you mentioned. Jim.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You better beam him up, Rocky... quick

Laughing
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/14/2003, 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What is the name of that restaurant we ate at after the hike? I was looking for it tonight after Reavis Ranch today, and couldn't remember it. Gawd this gittin old sux.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/14/2003, 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sredfield wrote:
What is the name of that restaurant we ate at after the hike? I was looking for it tonight after Reavis Ranch today, and couldn't remember it. Gawd this gittin old sux.

Dos Gringos.
It's across from Feed Bag, Fry's.

Sheri
Shawn

PostPosted: 12/26/2009, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just a wild thought here, anyone up for a re-do of this adventure?
Suz

PostPosted: 12/26/2009, 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

please don't make me read 21 pages of this thread to figure out what exactly you are suggesting.........please.............
Shawn

PostPosted: 12/26/2009, 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What, no curiosity?

The Dutchman's Trail from Peralta to First Water, 18 miles, mostly level. Anyone interested?
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/27/2009, 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If I were still in the country then yes I would be interested.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/27/2009, 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm interested! I am interested!!!!! Schedule it on a day I am not on call and I will be there!

I want to shine!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/28/2009, 7:12 am    Post subject: The Full Dutchman Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm interested as well.

GTG
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/28/2009, 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

when ?
oliverr99

PostPosted: 12/28/2009, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

depends on my foot and the date! went to the doctor and I need orthotics. Boy getting older does suck.
Suz

PostPosted: 12/28/2009, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What's up with your foot?

I remember when I was a youngster like you. I got orthodics but could never adjust to them. I settled for wider hiking boots with Super Feet inserts...or just tennie runners. A few shots of cortisone helped, too.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 12/28/2009, 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have an imflammed joint, and heel spurs. I will NOT get cortisone shots, OUCH Shocked
I am getting orthondics. I have tried other foot inserts, but not super feet, maybe I will try that later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: