ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Epic Hike #3 (November)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
ck1
PostPosted: 10/26/2003, 1:50 pm    Post subject: Epic Hike #3 (November) Reply with quote

The Epic Hike Selection Committee is looking for suggestions for next month's Epic Hike.

Some parameters....we'd like to be able to involve many of the support/greeting crew in the next Epic Hike, so maybe something not as "severe" as the previous two.

So, we're looking for hikes that could still be considered "epic" but that more members could participate in hiking (to some degree). Let's get a few suggestions and we'll put it to a vote.

JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 11/30/2003, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Yo, Kent, about time, bro Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Glad to hear you guys had a blast, somehow that doesn't surpirse me though :shock: I was thinking of you often while I was at work.

Diane and Sredfield, I take it all went well with the knees.

The Lady serverd up on beautiful day for you guys, indeed :!:

Daine said, Nothing Naked!!!!!, I take it you must have been looking at some of the rocks. LOL :lol: :lol: :new-alien: It is amazing what lives in the rocks and the power they possess. :new-alien: :new-alien:

Heat, it's about time we're hearing from you, little brother. I was going up La Barge today and trying to figure out your route up Battleship. Where have you been hiding (and don't give us that "I was at work cr*p"?). Jim.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
JW

PostPosted: 11/30/2003, 9:36 pm    Post subject: Custody? We'll get U! Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
dcornelius wrote:
You don't have custody of my stick any more but yo do have custody of my favorite "to go" coffee cup!

Yup, I do. It's a pretty darn nice one too. :twisted:

Shihiyea wrote:
.....anyone find it? This is my fav backpacking shirt!

Yup, I got it and a pair of teeny socks. I thought Rocky left his after hike socks in my truck. 8)

I'll get with you guys to swap them back. For a small fee, that is... hmmm I'll have to think up a decent ransom order here... :twisted:

Tom, don't know what kind of "bizness" you're running on the side, but you got my insulated vest in your truck, too! There's too much of a pattern here, people! We've got to start watching TB again. Jim.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/30/2003, 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Insulated vest? What rust-colored, insulated, very warm looking vest? hehehehe
JW

PostPosted: 11/30/2003, 10:00 pm    Post subject: Hey Shi! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
HikerInGilbert wrote:

Yup, I got it and a pair of teeny socks. I thought Rocky left his after hike socks in my truck. 8)

I'll get with you guys to swap them back. For a small fee, that is... hmmm I'll have to think up a decent ransom order here... :twisted:

OOOOOOps, :oops: Looks like I lost something else....those socks are mine! Let me tell you, those teeny socks belong to these VERY short legs, that carried me those 18 miles AND if you hadn't noticed, these feet and legs have to take 1 1/2 to 2 steps for nearly everyone elses one, I think I would accept the ransom of a repeat of that hike! I really loved that and I'm grateful that I'm walking and talking just fine today! That was my epic distance!

For Diane, her ransom should be a forced (yah, right) backpacking trip! :P

Mary

Yo Mary, per the plan, we'll get Di up to Haunted Canyon when it's about 23 degrees for that backpack overnight! Jim.

Shihiyea wrote:
...I think I would accept the ransom of a repeat of that hike! I really loved that and I'm grateful that I'm walking and talking just fine today! That was my epic distance!
Glad to hear your walking/talking OK! The ransom is a done deal, so let me know. And I'll bag the sandal, too! Jim.

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/30/2003, 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

porridge.....I think Tom's truck is the black hole of missing clothing & hiking gear. I should've searched the truck when I had the chance on Saturday. Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/1/2003, 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I say we all ransack him and his truck next time we see him! No saying what we will find! Any one else missing anything? Tom's probably got it! Twisted Evil

I want to shine!
mtnman

PostPosted: 12/1/2003, 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like everybody had a great time including myself . It was really nice to see the trail head , Rocky's feet, my feet and Tracys feet and fever, were taking a toll on us. Thanks to all for a great time!! Oh by the way Randy I've got your bandana. Hopefully I can get it to you soon, I realize you will need it for the wedding. Laughing

Michael
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/1/2003, 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
I say we all ransack him and his truck next time we see him! No saying what we will find! Any one else missing anything? Tom's probably got it! Twisted Evil

As a matter of fact Diane, I am missing something too, my $100 bill! I'm sureeeeeeee it's in his truck! Laughing

Yo Tom! Wink

Sherileeaz Hiking
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/1/2003, 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A great time! Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
paintninaz wrote:
I, like my dog, get a little cranky

A LITTLE Question Razz

Watch it you!! I think you've got a motorhome sitting at home that would look mighty pretty in pink!! Pink Yes

Artist at Work

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/1/2003, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:

Haaay! I can't help that it's a beeeeg truck. I find stuff I'VE lost in there for months and months all the time. You don't hear me WHINING about it, do you? hehehe

I still haven't found that perfectly good Salmon I lost in there like a month ago...
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/1/2003, 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:

I still haven't found that perfectly good Salmon I lost in there like a month ago...

Sounds like a job for Rocky the wonder dog. Hey, he could even wear my socks on his next trek. Mary
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/1/2003, 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:

EEEWWW!

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
HikerInGilbert wrote:

Sounds like a job for Rocky the wonder dog. Hey, he could even wear my socks on his next trek. Mary

Oh NOOOOOO! No You don't want Rocky finding that missing salmon, he tends to have a little gastric disturbance problem... Wacko (BTW, CatValet, has your truck aired out yet?)...the socks he might like! Hiking

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
JW

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 5:25 pm    Post subject: PRG/misc Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
I would be up for The Peaks (even if it ISN"T centralized) *wondering to myself if Tom even has a clue where the west valley is*, if someone is up for the PRG (Phoenix rock gym) first, I've done no climbing for a few months and it's nearly killing me? Jim? Anyone? I do want to get Matt's radio back to him. I don't like holding onto other peoples gear too long.... :twisted: if I do, it starts to look like my own! :lol: Mary

Hey Shi,
I sent you a Pmail about PRG and getting some people together, but I think it "disappeared" when this site asked me to login again, etc. I'll re-construct it.

BTW I spent six hours talking to "Mother Superstitions" today and she wouldn't say anything about the sandal. I started late and only wanted to do 15 out and back, so I didn't cover the mile or two before the place where we all had lunch. Maybe next week I'll get an early start and get to the lunch stop, in case it fell off in that section. Jim.

Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: PRG/misc Reply to topic Reply with quote

JW63 wrote:

Hey Shi,
I sent you a Pmail about PRG and getting some people together, but I think it "disappeared" when this site asked me to login again, etc. I'll re-construct it.

BTW I spent six hours talking to "Mother Superstitions" today and she wouldn't say anything about the sandal.

Hmmm, you just blew your image with "Mother Superstions" with me, thought you had a special relationship with her! Laughing I'll get an other pair, so I'm not too worried about it!

No, I didn't get the PM, but I am going to PRG tomorrow around 5:30. I don't go there often, but my schedule permits me staying in the east valley (sure beats driving rush hour). You're welcome to meet me there. I haven't heard from Matt, but he was sounding like he might be interested! Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: