ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Titan needs a new home!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/27/2007, 8:03 pm    Post subject: Titan needs a new home! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Five year old Great Dane who's owner was a hospice pt needs a new home. Titan has been owned only by one lady and is gentle as can be. If by any chance you are looking for a gentle giant to share your life with please PM me and I can get you in touch with some one who has just your giant! Family can't keep him but they don't want to put him down.

I want to shine!
Suz

PostPosted: 12/27/2007, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane, I'll check around. Any pictures that I could send out?
threedogz

PostPosted: 12/27/2007, 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If they can't find a home I'm sure they have a Great Dane Rescue somewhere in AZ.

I have 3 dogs already and don't have room for anymore.
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/28/2007, 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Diane, I'll check around. Any pictures that I could send out?

I don't have any right now but I will see what I can get.

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 1/4/2008, 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here ya go! As promised! Pictures of the great Titan! We have tried all the rescues but he could not be placed. No one has room for him. Most rescues put the dogs in foster homes and most homes can't handle more than one dog the size of Titan if they are willing to take even one....

The family has held on to him and he is currently living in his mommy's home with out her. They go over several times a day to feed and play with him but they just can't keep doing this and don't have the capabilities to have him in their home. Titan is 5 years old but has never been leash trained so will need some extra attention in that respect if you ever plan to take him out into the world.

He has been well cared for and well loved and has a friendly gentle disposition. All shots are up to date!

I want to shine!
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/4/2008, 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sad Sad
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Suz

PostPosted: 1/4/2008, 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane, I will send the pictures/story out via email (it has worked with other dogs so keep your fingers crossed) but most folks that will spread the info won't be back to their email until Monday. Is there a contact phone number I can use in the email? Or shall I use your email address?????
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 1/5/2008, 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Diane, I will send the pictures/story out via email (it has worked with other dogs so keep your fingers crossed) but most folks that will spread the info won't be back to their email until Monday. Is there a contact phone number I can use in the email? Or shall I use your email address?????

Go ahead and use my email address. It is illegal for me to give a Pt's families phone number out. It is a technicality but one I must adhere to! Thank you one and all for all your help with this matter!

I want to shine!
PageRob

PostPosted: 1/5/2008, 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, what a cutie! Our house is full up with pets at the moment. Best of luck finding a new home for him.
Suz

PostPosted: 1/5/2008, 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay---emails have been sent out and if all goes well things will be forwarded around town and hopefully Titan will have a new home soon my fingers are crossed

Please keep us posted!
IGO

PostPosted: 1/5/2008, 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those big 'ol mooses can be such sweet hearts.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
jdahling

PostPosted: 1/5/2008, 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He is BEAUTIFUL! I sure wish I spent more time at home ...

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Suz

PostPosted: 1/5/2008, 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quick question--Is Titan neutered?

I think the plan is starting to roll!~ I've heard his story is making the rounds in Alaska, Colorado, Utah and of course here in Arizona. If he gets a home in Alaska I'll chaperone the delivery Wink
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/6/2008, 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What a darling doggy! I hope you can find him a home. I wouldn't know where to ask. I already have two dogs and can't have any more.

Keep us posted!!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 1/6/2008, 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am sorry, I am not much help with answers.... I don't know if he is nuetered. I have received seveal responses and I am sending them on to the Case manager who started this whole thing. I am gonna try and get contact information for the family member who is Titan's gaurdian right now and will ask a few questions so I have some answers...also so I can refer people straight to her....

The networking plan is working well! Wow! I never expected people from so far as Alaska! Laughing I hope we get him placed soon! One of our very own has stated they will take him last minute if need be so he doesn't get put down but they can't keep him so we should at least be able to save him from that end.... I am just trying to figure out how to get in there last minute like so I don't actually volunteer this individual to end with him for sure.... I don't want to tell them this too early and have them call the search for a new owner off thinking they have some one to take him off their hands....

Just learned that his gaurdians already have two great danes! I can certainly understand why they couldn't handle another!

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: