ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Canyoneer 2 boots - 40% off at ZAC - 40% off everything!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 11/27/2007, 10:22 pm    Post subject: Canyoneer 2 boots - 40% off at ZAC - 40% off everything! Reply to topic Reply with quote

You will need to call as there is no 'cyber-store'.

http://www.zionadventures.com/zion_outdoor_center.html

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

YES!!!!!! I got a pair!!!! $60.00 + tax and S&H!!!!!! Can't wait to get them! Now, where can we go so I can try them out!!!

I want to shine!
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
YES!!!!!! I got a pair!!!! $60.00 + tax and S&H!!!!!! Can't wait to get them! Now, where can we go so I can try them out!!!

Well, if you call back and have them add a drysuit to the order (at 40% off, of course) you could do WCC top to bottom.......

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ZION NARROWS!

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
ZION NARROWS!

When ? Very Happy
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:
Trishness wrote:
ZION NARROWS!

When ? Very Happy

Spring. I have a complimentary certificate for 6 Narrows Dry Pant packages due to my "less than stellar" experience at Zion Adventure in October. I want to backpack it! And the dry pants/footwear is on them!

All we need are the permits

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

less than stellar? what did I miss?
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz,

I had sent all my info on my party (shoe size, pants size) months in advance and they lost the info. We showed up at 2 PM on a Monday afternoon only to be told we needed to come back at 6:30 PM. No problem. When we came back at 6:30, we had forgotten about the time change and it was actually 7:30 (granted, our mistake) but the gal who was there announced loudly and in a very annoyed voice....."ARE YOU THE LADIES WHO SIGNED UP BUT DIDN'T SHOW FOR 6:30?" for all the other patrons to hear and then acted all po'd about it, like we had seriously put her out. And we got all the leftovers..... But then turned around and welcomed people who walked off the street and never had a reservation like it was nothing. I was really ticked at that gals attitude. So I wrote to the company about it. Maybe it was a bad day for her but never take it out on your customers, especially when they fork over $100 or better to be outfitted.

Anyway, my letter to Zion Adventure Company led to an apology (accepted) and a certificate for 6 Narrows Dry Packages...good until 11/08/2009.

Mr. Green

SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:

Closer to home, Aravaipa Canyon near the Galiuros would be a great place to try them out. In fact, I just tried out my new 5.10 Canyoneer 2's (from Zion Adventure Co.) at Aravaipa earlier this month and they were great!!! Photos, including boots in action, here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonHikers/message/881

Bill
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BTW, I highly recommend getting the neoprene socks to go with the boots. However, you may have to up size. I normally wear a 9.5 but had to up size to a 10.0 for a comfortable fit with 3mm neoprene socks. Not only will neoprene socks keep your feet warmer, they have a velcro strap around the top which can be snugged up to keep sand and grit from finding its way into your socks. I didn't have to make a single boot or sock adjustment during the entire course of the Aravaipa Canyon outing and we were in water well over half the day.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SaguaroHiker wrote:
Hikngrl wrote:

Closer to home, Sycamore Canyon near the Galiuros would be a great place to try them out. In fact, I just tried out my new 5.10 Canyoneer 2's (from Zion Adventure Co.) at Sycamore earlier this month and they were great. Photos, including boots in action, here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonHikers/message/881

Bill

Actually Bill, she was just there last weekend (every minute wishing that she had a pair of these Canyoneer 2's!!!) Chuckle

Photos, with her lack of boots in action, here: Wink

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvm73&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I meant ARAVAIPA canyon, not Sycamore...duh-uh! Although they work well for Sycamore too:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonHikers/message/690
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

Actually Bill, she was just there last weekend (every minute wishing that she had a pair of these Canyoneer 2's!!!) Chuckle

Photos, with her lack of boots in action, here: Wink

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvm73&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Great photos! Looks like the fall colors were peaking - we were wondering when that might happen. Looks like we didn't go up Horse Camp Canyon far enough and missed that big waterfall. Next time!

Bill
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/28/2007, 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was indeed wishing I had a pair of 5-10s last weekend! Imagine my surprise when I came back and our friend CYNHIKR posts that they are on sale for 40% off! How fortuitous! Don't cha just love it! I am ready! Well once they are delivered I am ready!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 12/7/2007, 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have got to tell you! I just got my 5-10s I ordered and they are HUGE! I totally go the wrong size at the recommendation of the young lady I talked to when I ordered them.

So I called them at 6:15 in the evening and talked to Dave. He was awesome! We could not decide which size I should exchange them for so he is sending me two pairs out to try on and keep the ones that fit the best and send the two back that don't fit. His parting comment is I will have a song in my heart when I get the two pairs of shoes back and know that you have the pair that fits you best and you are happy out there!!!!

Is that awesome or what!!!!I love good customer service! It makes me want to return and give them my business again and again even if they don't save me any money! How ever I am oh so glad they are saving me money! Agree

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: