ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Christmas Music and Rage Attacks!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suz

PostPosted: 11/6/2007, 7:28 pm    Post subject: Christmas Music and Rage Attacks! Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh my heck..........
So I'm sitting here online reading about Tourette's Syndrome, Bipolar symptoms, schizophrenia and Rage attacks (don't ask!!!)............with KEZ on the radio and they are playing Christmas music.......is it Nov 6th today? Would that music be legal? Do they know it's 93 degrees outside?
IGO

PostPosted: 11/6/2007, 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm schizophrenic
and so am I. Shocked
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/6/2007, 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My boss said she went into Family Dollar two weeks before Halloween and they were putting up Christmas stuff. She started to say something to the gal doing the work, but the gal stopped her and said, "Don't blame me! I'm just doing what they told me to do!"

I am one of those who gets depressed at Christmas, and I fight it every year, and try not to be such a grumpy Grinch. The decorations and music too early would really get to me, but I don't shop much and I never listen to the radio, so I can insulate myself a little bit that way. It's great having grown kids--last year my son did Christmas for our family at his house. I didn't put up a single ornament at home.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 11/6/2007, 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's disgusting, Christmas already?
We should celebrate it every 4 years, sort of as a reward for enduring the General Election.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 11/6/2007, 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm schizophrenic
and so am I. Shocked

that would be multi-pesonality disorder. Nothing to do with schizophrenia.
early brainwashing is a direct result of a slumping economy.

what i do
Matt Hoffman

PostPosted: 11/6/2007, 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
last year I didn't put up a single ornament at home.

Isn't that the best? I'm really not into decorations and stuff either. This will be my last Christmas living alone, so the decorations will probably start next year.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/6/2007, 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Matt Hoffman wrote:
azbackpackr wrote:

Isn't that the best? I'm really not into decorations and stuff either. This will be my last Christmas living alone, so the decorations will probably start next year.

Something you want to tell us?????????????????
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmm, yeah, do we hear some OTHER music playing, a sort of march? (Towards doom? heh heh) So, out with it, dude! What's the scoop?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I get disgusted every year as the Christmas decorations and Christmas products are put out earlier and earlier. It only serves to make me want to avoid the Christmas trappings. It takes me a while to get into the Christmas mood because of it. I am trying to learn to ignore all that and let Christmas be what it truly is to me despite what the commercial world is doing to it. I could get on a big giant soap box about this but I will leave it at that!

I want to shine!
Suz

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well said. I'm thinking that many of us feel that way, too. I really couldn't believe Christmas music was on the radio already. I had to stop and think about what month it was, thought I had missed Thanksgiving!

Yet what is even more disturbing to me is that I am on my 4th five year old student with these extreme rage attacks. Yesterday I thought we were going to have to dial 911....thankfully CPS responded with a crisis intervention team from IMPACT. So finding it necessary to keep all things in perspective...maybe Christmas music isn't so bad! Crazy
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Help me understand what you are saying here... are you saying that they are using Christmas music to help control these rages? If this is indeed what you are saying I can understand that as we use Christmas music all year long in dementia care as a way to calm dementia Pt's.

Christmas music is normally tied to wonderfully warm and happy feelings and can have amazing effects on an individual. Specially if they don't know that it is not Christmas.....

Or as I reread your initial post perhaps that is not what you are saying at all......oh well, I will leave this post up just for the sake of the conversation....I do understand your concern for the kids and their rage attacks.... it is slowly becoming the way of the world and it is definitely very disturbing 'cause what does it say for the future of the world if our children are learning rage vs peacefulness and maintaining the innocents of a child....

I want to shine!
Suz

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No "they" are not using Christmas music. Perhaps you are on to something!

I was just trying to read up a bit on meds these kids are on and perhaps trying to figure out potential triggers for the attacks and while I was doing that Christmas music was on the radio.
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah I caught onto that as I reread your post.... sorry....

Though I can tell you that music can be used very effectivly to head off a frantic situation not only in dementia but in most people be the music Christmas music or any other music. It can be used to lift a mood as well as calm a mood... been studied and proven. Though I would say it should be used as you first notice a change in a mood as once the mood has gotten out of control it is very difficult to get in under control no matter what you try! As you well know!

I want to shine!
Matt Hoffman

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Matt Hoffman wrote:
azbackpackr wrote:

Something you want to tell us?????????????????

azbackpackr wrote:
Hmmm, yeah, do we hear some OTHER music playing, a sort of march? (Towards doom? heh heh) So, out with it, dude! What's the scoop?

Well, nothing is official yet. But it should be before the end of this month. So don't jump the gun here! I'll be sure to let you guys know!
cakewalk

PostPosted: 11/7/2007, 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Christmas Music and Rage Attacks! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
oh my heck..........

I'm not sure why, but it amuses me when she says that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: