ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Another wee-footed deal.. Tech Amphibs @ $13.50! Today only!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 10/4/2007, 7:52 am    Post subject: Another wee-footed deal.. Tech Amphibs @ $13.50! Today only! Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/product.asp?dept_id=10199&pf_id=10019517&s_id=3

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/4/2007, 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sweet deal, thanks! Very Happy

has anyone ever told you what an "enabler" you are? Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 10/4/2007, 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

Sure! (That's a compiment; right?)

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 10/4/2007, 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cynhikr wrote:
paintninaz wrote:

Sure! (That's a compiment; right?)

"Most often the term enabler is associated with people who allow loved ones to behave in ways that are destructive...."

"...he or she is actually making a chronic problem like an addiction worse."

"Enabler can be a more broad-based term for other forms of abusive and destructive behavior."

Yeah, that's a compliment, Kurt. Chuckle

Keep them comin', dude. Don't know how you stumble on some of these deals, but keep them comin'

"Enable" away.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/4/2007, 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SOLD OUT dang it.

Sad

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 10/4/2007, 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It just so happens that I tried on the men's version (in Blue) of that shoe today at Summit Hut in Tucson - $80! Anybody ever tried the Salomon Tech Amphibians for canyoneering? Just wondering how they grip rock, etc.

Bill
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/4/2007, 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I hate them, have had two pairs. You would think I wouldn't buy a second pair after the first one sucked, but it was a great deal. I think like $25-30 not quite $13.50.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 10/5/2007, 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SaguaroHiker wrote:
It just so happens that I tried on the men's version (in Blue) of that shoe today at Summit Hut in Tucson - $80! Anybody ever tried the Salomon Tech Amphibians for canyoneering? Just wondering how they grip rock, etc.

Bill

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1546&highlight=salomon+tech

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3789&highlight=salomon+tech

SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 10/5/2007, 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback on the Salomons. I think I'll pass on them. Anbody have an experience with the 5.10 Canyoneer?:
http://www.zionadventures.com/store/detail.amp?prodcatserial=1019
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/5/2007, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SaguaroHiker wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on the Salomons. I think I'll pass on them. Anbody have an experience with the 5.10 Canyoneer?:

From PaintInAZ
"The 5:10 Canyoneering shoes are great shoes, I have a pair that I've used successfully on other water logged canyoneering hikes and they work well. If I could get my pack weight down to under 25 pounds for a trip to Paria, I'd definitely pick those to wear! "

From Tom Treks
"Since then I bought the 5.10 Canyoneer, and have used them on a few canyoneering trips. They are perfect unless you have a lot of downhill trail along the way. The buckle fastening system really doesn't hold your foot steady in the boot, and toes get pretty dang sore. If it's just slogging your way along a route like Paria, they're perfect. Drain fast, and dry fairly quickly too. I would suggest though, if you plan to try them out for this trip, go pick up a pair of green SuperFeet for a little added support. The stock footbeds just don't cut it for me. Escpecially on a long trip. Next trip through there I'm definitely using the 5.10.

Yes, they're pricey, but I think you will like them for this application. Just make sure they fit properly, and get used to the buckle system before you go."
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/5/2007, 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SaguaroHiker wrote:

I've got some 5-10's (THANKS SUZ!)) and will test them out in Zion Narrows next week. I've been told they are the BOMB. Everyone I've talked to says the 5-10s are great.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/29/2007, 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cynhikr wrote:
http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/product.asp?dept_id=10199&pf_id=10019517&s_id=3

I ordered a pair of these shoes, in blue, size 6...they are waaaaay too big for me (like over an inch too long!) ....if anyone wears a larger size, (size 6.5 or 7 maybe?) and wants them, let me know (I think it'd cost me nearly as much to ship them back as I paid for them Rolling Eyes) someone may as well get some use out of them! Agree

Suz

PostPosted: 11/30/2007, 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tracy did ya get the pink? I'm not horribly fond of the shoe design but I could probably wear a 7....and if they are pink they might work. Maybe you could bring them to the Christmas party and we could try the cinderella thing. I've got a pair of approach shoes with stealth rubber soles that I bought online and were too small.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/30/2007, 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh sure! All you people with tiny feet make me sick! Where are MY good deals?! The ones for people who wear boats on their feet for shoes!?

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/30/2007, 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry Suz, I orderd the blue.

I like the Cinderella thing idea though, maybe I'll bring them to the Christmas party anyway...if you don't want them, maybe someone else will. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: