ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Sorry for the delay and such

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 10/2/2003, 11:22 pm    Post subject: Sorry for the delay and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Computers and software are a lot like a hike, most of them are great but sometimes one ends up being terrible.

That happened to us today.
The software decided it was bad today so the site was down for a bit. Mike and I both had busy work schedules today and weren't able to take care of it until now (11:00 PM).

Sorry for the delay,
I hope we haven't scared anyone off, we aren't bugging out by any means. We appreciate the community that has settled here and hope to keep having you all visit in the future. As a matter of fact today was our longest outage since January when we started this thing.

I am sorry this took so long to fix and I hope you are enjoying ArizonaHikers.com again, we wouldn't have a site without y'all.

Thanks,
GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 10/3/2003, 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now for the Rest of the Story Razz

GTG forgot to pay the 'lectric bill; and Mike forgot to feed the Gerbil that runs around in the little wheel that powers the backup generator. Gerbil belongs to the IGWU (International Gerbil Workers' Union) whch sanctioned a strike! Gerbil is, at this moment, picketing outside GTG's Hiking abode.

Idea Suggest that each of us send GTG and Mike all the Gerbil food we can find, COD of course. (And I don't mean FISH!) Wacko

Just kidding; as many of you know, the company GTG works for, Gartman Technical Services, hosts our site on its servers for free so, understandably, their paying clients must come first in a case like this. Think we all owe a debt of gratitude to GTG and Mike for providing such a great site for us and I, for one, am willing to put up with an occasional glitch; How 'bout you?
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 10/3/2003, 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad it was seemingly easy to fix. You guys running Apache? I would be curious to know what happened.

At least the page didn't register a 404. That would have caused a severe flash-back. Wink

Great job as always you guys. It's appreciated by all.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 10/3/2003, 6:26 am    Post subject: problems and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
You guys running Apache?

Nope, being from the south and all we're running Seminole Wink
There's still a few problems we need to address.

GTG
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 10/3/2003, 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: problems and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
Quote:
You guys running Apache?

Nope, being from the south and all we're running Seminole Wink
There's still a few problems we need to address.

GTG
That'd be Cherokee in my case. Wink
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 10/3/2003, 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Whatchit... I'll start plucking your headdresses... y'all. Cool
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 10/3/2003, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A few things are still not back to normal. I'm waiting to see if Todd has a copy of the site backup dated prior to yesterday. If he doesn't have it, I've got to do a lot of recoding. Rolling Eyes

The links and calendar are working. The gallery is functional, but has errors. The articles section is not working yet.

Bear with us, y'all.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 10/3/2003, 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No worries dudes. The site is fine, the glitches are no big deal, and we're all more than willing to let you work your magic.

Beats the alternative of not having this site at all, ever.

Keep your chin's up! (not collective chins individually, collective chins collectively)

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 10/4/2003, 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Everything should be up and running again! If anyone has any problems, error messages, etc, please send me a pm with the details.

Thanks to GTG for spending hours uploading copies of backed up files so I could put them back where they belong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: