ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Batting Cage II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 8:03 pm    Post subject: Batting Cage II Reply to topic Reply with quote

Visted the batting cage again, did not bunt this time. Couple of balls went by (strikes). Actually one did stike near my elbow. Must have been a heater because it warmed up quite a bit. Not much swelling today and it does not hurt, large bruise though.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have you considered taking up a different, less painful, new sport? Confused

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

At my softball tournament two weeks ago, I was standing just outside the dugout on the firstbase side. The other teams shortstop threw a wild pitch towards me and the other guy standing there, I tried to move but the other guy was in the way but was able to jump a few inches so that the ball hit me in the hip as opposed to the ribs.....good thing.

By that night wend to get into the jacuzzi at the hotel and had a cantaloupe sized welt pitch black on my side. Found out the guy played college ball before coming in the Air Force, sure felt it.

Worst part about it is, the umpire called out guy out for interference on me. It was a wild throw and the runner was already past the bag. This was a party rec tournament, not state finals or something. I guess rules are rules though, stay in the dugout.

I haven't hit fast pitch ball in a batting cage in sometime though, the cages out here are wild throwing a softball, don't want to see the same accuracy with a pitch going 70MPH.

You ever see the Adam Sandler bit in Happy Gilmore where he stands in the batting cage taking hits in the chest to get ready for next years hockey tryouts?
Al_HikesAZ

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I love the scene in Happy Gilmore where he goes into the batting cage to toughen up for hockey. Glad I don't play baseball or softball anymore. I still remember some of the hurts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: