ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
EPIC Hike #2 (October)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
ck1
PostPosted: 9/28/2003, 5:08 pm    Post subject: EPIC Hike #2 (October) Reply with quote

The hike...
Superstition Ridgeline.

The stats...
10 Miles, 10 hours, 2820 ft elev. gain

The date....
Oct 25, 2003.

The plan....
Depart early from Carney Springs trailhead (we can either camp or just get there early)
follow ridgeline to Siphon Draw trail, descend, meet shuttle drivers.

Figured the next EPIC should be a bit closer to home, and this one has been on several people's lists for some time (including me).

Certainly all the members of the Arizona Hikers Swim Team are welcome to join in the fun, though I don't expect we'll hear "It's A Swimmer" on this one.

Kent might provide some additional info on the hike regarding its difficulty, he's doing it several times.

So....who's in?

sherileeaz

PostPosted: 10/26/2003, 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
Rut Roh.....I'm in trouble now

Shades

You are always in trouble!! lol
And you stole Tom's shades!!
We know it's you!! Can't fool us Trishness!!

Sherileeaz Cool
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/26/2003, 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dang, I'm so jealous....... Hnak Crazy
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 10/26/2003, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

No... for Kent she is the Enigma known to all others as the Superstitions, the Lady of the Wild, Untamed, and Unknown... She is the allure, the beauty, the spirit that enchants and fanscinates him... She is his Obsession!!

That is totally correct.

Quote:

I am simply a mere mortal female that tags along occasionally for as many wonderous adventures and unforgettable journeys as I can. Hiking is one of those "experiences of a lifetime" that I'm thankful that I can participate.

Yes we have shared many a wonderous journey and may we share many, many more. It is the sharing as much as the adventure that makes things so special. Not to mention sharing with someone that understands what is out there and can feel it.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/26/2003, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am sure I speak for the many who couldn't make this hike when I say I am incredibly jealous of all this banter!!!!! That is if any of the others would be willing to admit it!

I want to shine!
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 10/26/2003, 11:14 pm    Post subject: Next?/Meetcha Wed morn Reply to topic Reply with quote

ck1 wrote:
JW63 wrote:

Still in bed? I just got back from morning bicycling :). :)

Jim.

You suck.

:D

Colin got nailed by an Agave and hope that doesn't get infected...undertand he still has a piece of it in him and he wouldn't let Todd amputate....big sissy!

Hey Colin, as previously said, you're a big sissy for not letting Todd amputate on the spot (after all, I donated my tweezers to the medico's armamentarium, when your condition looked grave...), and your wanting to go home to your "Gray's Anatomy" and the do-it-yourself web site are indications of what kind of hiker you really are. (And, listen Dick, I could have used those tweezers myself, after I blundered into all that cholla...)

BTW, I'm off Wednesday and I'll be waiting at the Super summit at 4:30am, and my choice of weapons is, of course, Agave needles. At your convenience, sir.

If you fail to meet me (and a self-inflicted amputation is no excuse, for a real mountain hiker), your seconds may tender your apology to me anytime after 7:30am, during my hike with Sheri.

Jim.
P.S. actually, you could meet Sheri and I, and apologize (and/or pick up the tab) at lunch. let me know and we can work out a handi-capped transport or whatever... J.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/27/2003, 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Great Time/last half mile Reply to topic Reply with quote

JW63 wrote:
But seeing SandeJ and the other welcomers waiting at the notch above the basin was superb! Thank you guys again

We enjoyed watching you guys all come down the Draw. eagle-eyed MTNMAN could spot you as soon as you came off the top "there's one in a white shirt, ooh, ah...there's two more" while SandeJ and I sat there straining our eyes "where? where?" Shocked

Sorry we couldn't have had a bit more water available at that notch (I'm sure Stan would've appreciated some at that point rather than waiting till the LDSP), but it was awfully hot when we got our start up there and Rocky the Wonder Dog was amazing us with his ability to down water faster than the speed of light Eek

Glad everyone made it safely! Our AZHIKERS EPIC CREW ROCKS!!!!! Goat

Agree

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
ck1

PostPosted: 10/27/2003, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Next?/Meetcha Wed morn Reply to topic Reply with quote

JW63 wrote:
ck1 wrote:
JW63 wrote:

Still in bed? I just got back from morning bicycling Smile. Smile

Jim.

You suck.

Very Happy

Colin got nailed by an Agave and hope that doesn't get infected...undertand he still has a piece of it in him and he wouldn't let Todd amputate....big sissy!

Hey Colin, as previously said, you're a big sissy for not letting Todd amputate on the spot (after all, I donated my tweezers to the medico's armamentarium, when your condition looked grave...), and your wanting to go home to your "Gray's Anatomy" and the do-it-yourself web site are indications of what kind of hiker you really are. (And, listen Dick, I could have used those tweezers myself, after I blundered into all that cholla...)

BTW, I'm off Wednesday and I'll be waiting at the Super summit at 4:30am, and my choice of weapons is, of course, Agave needles. At your convenience, sir.

If you fail to meet me (and a self-inflicted amputation is no excuse, for a real mountain hiker), your seconds may tender your apology to me anytime after 7:30am, during my hike with Sheri.

Jim.
P.S. actually, you could meet Sheri and I, and apologize (and/or pick up the tab) at lunch. let me know and we can work out a handi-capped transport or whatever... J.

I knew those weren't my tweezers. Sorry I held on to them man. I'll make sure I have them next time we hook up. I went for a run this am, and it felt like a knife in my leg, guess the needle's still in there...our school nurse said she thought it was out, but that the pain could last for several days....my being a sissy and all, it could be 2 weeks for me.

"The Journey is the Destination"
JW

PostPosted: 10/28/2003, 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Next?/Meetcha Wed morn Reply to topic Reply with quote

I knew those weren't my tweezers. Sorry I held on to them man. I'll make sure I have them next time we hook up. I went for a run this am, and it felt like a knife in my leg, guess the needle's still in there...our school nurse said she thought it was out, but that the pain could last for several days....my being a sissy and all, it could be 2 weeks for me.

No problem. Hope your leg feel's better soon. Do you run in the mornings? Want to hook-up to do some miles some morning?
Pmail me. Jim.
charles97

PostPosted: 12/5/2003, 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Darn it all to heck, I joined up too late for this one. This has been on my list for a long time. Though I've done Siphon Draw countless times, I've yet to do the ridgeline.

Two questions: Does it really take 14 hours? It doesn't seem that much work looking from the south side of the Sups. Also, why not go up Siphon Draw and come down the other side? Wouldn't it be more fun to go up Siphon than come down it?
JW

PostPosted: 12/6/2003, 5:21 pm    Post subject: Eight-to-10 hours Reply to topic Reply with quote

charles97 wrote:
Two questions: Does it really take 14 hours?

Eight hours, not counting lunch and picture-taking stops.

charles97 wrote:
Also, why not go up Siphon Draw and come down the other side? Wouldn't it be more fun to go up Siphon than come down it?
I'm up for doing it that way with a car shuttle at Carney. Anybody else? Another option would be descending Hieroglyphic canyon, which is a much easier car shuttle. Jim.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: