ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
This is pretty cool! Music to my ears.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 7/31/2007, 12:24 pm    Post subject: This is pretty cool! Music to my ears..... Reply to topic Reply with quote

I love the music played by KCDX http://kcdx.com/listenOnline.php and even more so by "Gulch Radio" http://community.loudcity.com/stations/the-gulch.
BUT, I cannot get radio reception on KCDX OR "The Gulch (which is an AM station in Jerome), both of which are commercial-free, BTW; so I have always been tied to my office (wherein lies the 'puter) when I wanted to listen to them at home. (In the truck KCDX comes in OK most places)

So, what to do?

I bought one of these and can now listen to these, and any other streaming online stations (of which there are thousands) broadcasted to any radio within range. (essentially the house/garage/back yard).
You may also use it to play all the music that you have stored on your 'puter. (Good for parties & the like - put your whole music library on "shuffle")

It ain't perfect, sound quality wise, but it is VERY good... I give it an 8.5. (BTW - if you end up with one, I found that 107.3 is the best setting)

LINK > http://www.amazon.com/Whole-House-Transmitter-Gold-Guaranteed/dp/B0007ODOMA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9564657-1389545?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1185909647&sr=8-1

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
ChefTIO

PostPosted: 7/31/2007, 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think I just found my answer to the missing link in my backyard.
Have you had this long? (and any problems?)
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 7/31/2007, 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ChefTIO wrote:
I think I just found my answer to the missing link in my backyard.
Have you had this long? (and any problems?)

No, just about 2 days; and so-far... so-good. It has a one year warranty, as well.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 7/31/2007, 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't know if I'll have to use the "gizmo" but I'm always interested in great tunes.. so, thanks for the website!
IGO

PostPosted: 7/31/2007, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The feed quality and content from kcdx was quit good. The Gulch feed was not as good or maybe I don't like Elvis Costello but I listened to the first one for some time. Great tunes.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 7/31/2007, 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I listen to KCDX too, but occasionally it doesn't come in. But I am a channel surfer so I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll have to check out the other station, hadn't heard that one.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: