ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
So much for ASU...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 9/28/2003, 8:53 am    Post subject: So much for ASU... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well - ASU's shot at ending the season ranked just went out the window. Two blowouts in a row.

I thought ASU was supposed to have this amazing high powered offense and Andrew Walter was supposed to compete for the Heisman.

So much for that idea. I guess he'll be sticking around for another year now that his draft status is down the tubes.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
ck1

PostPosted: 9/28/2003, 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear the bad news about ASU Sad (though not really).

Maybe you can be consoled thinking about my alma mater, a much finer academic institution, that being NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY . The Huskies are currently undefeated, having knocked of Maryland at home and Alabama at Alabama. Yesterday they toyed with Iowa State for awhile before finishing them off...at 4 and 0, having defeated two TOP 25 teams, and owning either the number 20 (coaches) or number 17 (ap) spot on the ranking, they're doing quite well. As is their star, Michael Turner, who's the nation's leading rusher and a Heisman short list candidate.

Hope this helps you get over the disappointment you feel for ASU, (though you're probably pretty used to that feeling) Wink Very Happy Wink Very Happy

"The Journey is the Destination"
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 9/28/2003, 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am from East Moline, Ill. Where's NIU ?
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 9/28/2003, 3:16 pm    Post subject: Illinois/Indiana connection Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nighthiker wrote:

Lots of people here are from the "Illiana" area.
So what gives?? We don't like cold winters, rainy summers? lol
We do have good Universities and college sports!
Not to mention the Pro's --the Cubs finally won!
Have no clue what's going on with the Bears or Bulls.
Too busy hiking!

Sherileeaz Cool
ck1

PostPosted: 9/28/2003, 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nighthiker wrote:

Northern Illinois University is located 60 miles west of Chicago in the town of DeKalb, Il. NIU and DeKalb would be the largest town between the official Chicago burbs like Aurora and Naperville and the city of Rockford.

DeKalb is famous, aside from its fine academic institution, for such things as being the hometown of Cindy Crawford, the birthplace of barbed wire, the world headquarters of DeKalb Genetics, and the fall ritual of Corn Fest. It has, in recent years, grown to be quite the modern town, however, its roots, its core is that it has a strong foundation in academia.

Famous NIU graduates include Dan Castellaneta, the voice of Homer Simpson, the current Speaker of the House J. Dennis Hastert, Paul Sereno the world-renowned paleontologist and professor at the University of Chicago. Colin Kelly, amazing high school special education teacher and his wife Pat Kelly, phenominal speech-language pathologist. Colin's brother Thomas John, advertising editor for Northshore Magazine, Pat's brother Brad, teacher, sister Jennifer, and sister Katie, both speech language pathologists. Arizona Hikers newest member and member of the AZH Swim Team, Tony, is also an NIU grad, as is his wife Karen.

Like I said, it's quite the school. Very Happy

"The Journey is the Destination"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: