ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Another Survivor Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 9/23/2003, 1:08 pm    Post subject: Another Survivor Story Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, seems like I'm always late getting these things up. Sorry about that! Anyway I concur with what the others have said in their write-ups that this was one ass-kicking hike. It is by far the most difficult that I have done and I don't think it could have happened with a better bunch of hikers. My hat is off to everyone on the swim team as well as those supporting us in the lower portion of the hike. I truly felt like everyone on this hike was supporting and contributing not to mention encouraging. Thank you all for a spectacular weekend of Arizona hiking. I have added some more photos to the Gallery.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 9/23/2003, 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great pics Stan! I also liked the pic titles.

Glad you were able to make it out of there on those bum knees. Mine are still killing me. I can only imagine what yours must feel like.

Outstanding hike!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 9/23/2003, 6:50 pm    Post subject: pictures and stuff Reply to topic Reply with quote

My knee still hurts a bit, so I imagine kurthzone's still aching and doing an Ozzy shuffle. Great pictures by the way! I'm already looking forward to the next spoonfull.

GTG
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/24/2003, 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh geeze are we all old or what!! My knees are still swollen and tender. Not bad though. I will be there next year knees and all!!!!!! I am off to look at the pics now!

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 9/24/2003, 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
Oh geeze are we all old or what!! My knees are still swollen and tender. Not bad though. I will be there next year knees and all!!!!!! I am off to look at the pics now!

Well, if we don't have a few aches and pains, then it wasn't much of a hike, was it?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 9/24/2003, 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, if we don't have a few aches and pains, then it wasn't much of a hike, was it?

Amen!

I'm happy to report that as of yesterday afternoon, my aches and pains have all gone away!! However, I'm still finding new cuts and scratches from the bushwhacking...
Hnak

PostPosted: 9/24/2003, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I suppose that it's a good thing that we soon forget the pain and effort, and just remember the fun part. Maybe that's why I keep doing these hikes... Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: