ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
I HATE SCORPIONS!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 8/6/2007, 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what do you mean by "worse"?

what i do
Suz

PostPosted: 8/6/2007, 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think I mean a meaner punch---higher level of zap for their bang.....more concentrated juice.
jdahling

PostPosted: 8/6/2007, 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I used to think that Scorpions were the worst, ever.... didn't like, didn't want them in my house.

Just the other day, I walked in on a snake leaving my house - no THAT"S the worse!

Jeannine

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IGO

PostPosted: 8/6/2007, 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I used to know a woman who took care of snakes with a shotgun..........in her house. That was in rural Georgia. Funny, the more times she took care of snakes in the house, the more snakes she got in the house. Razz
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 8/6/2007, 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
I used to know a woman who took care of snakes with a shotgun..........in her house. That was in rural Georgia. Funny, the more times she took care of snakes in the house, the more snakes she got in the house. Razz

Just remeber, one snake is worth a hundred rats....
This is a very sad story from earlier today-
From The Detroit Press -
Quote:
Cop shooting at snake kills boy, official says

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070806/NEWS07/70806044/1003/NEWS01
Quote:

Cop shooting at snake kills boy, official says
August 6, 2007

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NOBLE, Okla. — A police officer shooting at a snake apparently killed a 5-year-old boy who was fishing at a nearby pond, an official said.

Austin Haley was fishing with his grandfather, Jack Tracy, when Tracy said he heard a shot and saw something hit the water just a few feet in front of the boat dock where he was standing.

Moments later, a second shot hit Austin in the head.

A Noble police officer who had responded to a report of a snake in a tree apparently fired the deadly shot while trying to kill the snake Friday, City Manager Bob Wade said.

“I was told that they tried several ways to get the snake down, but it was still hissing at them and firmly lodged,” Wade said. “What I was told is that the owner of the home either suggested or agreed that they should go ahead and shoot the snake.”

The boy was pronounced dead at an Oklahoma City hospital, about 25 miles north of Noble.

Wade refused to identify the officer but said the person had been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

“This is so bizarre it has to be fully investigated,” he said.

Leave the snakes alone.

GTG
AFScout80

PostPosted: 8/7/2007, 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Speaking of animals and shotguns....I once visited my grandfather on his farm in West Texas. Upon my arrival he was nowhere to be seen. I went oustide to his vegetable garden where I found out he had been for hours. He was sitting on a bench, wearing his coverall Dickies with a shotgun across his lap. I asked, "Papa Ross what are you doing?" upon which he replied,"porridge kai-yotes been eating my porridge wetermelons boy!" Wow.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/7/2007, 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh my God how awful.... Todd, My gosh could the bullet have ricocheted maybe? Hopefully the officer was not that bad a shot!!! I guess you just never know. I'd say Leave the snake alone or find a snake lover/catcher to get it if the Police couldn't... Man is is sad.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
jdahling

PostPosted: 8/7/2007, 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I left it alone - wasn't about to go ANYWHERE NEAR the snake. I am completely frightened by them. However, the firemen came out and had a look around - didn't find anything (not sure if I'm happy or sad by that), and left.

I am accepting of snakes in their habitat, I just don't want them in mine! Very Happy

Jeannine

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paintninaz

PostPosted: 8/7/2007, 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jdahling wrote:
I left it alone - wasn't about to go ANYWHERE NEAR the snake. I am completely frightened by them. However, the firemen came out and had a look around - didn't find anything(not sure if I'm happy or sad by that), and left.

Used that ploy to get the firemen out, did ya? Nice! Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
JustinHEMI05

PostPosted: 8/16/2007, 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I hate these things. In the month I have lived here, I have had three in the house, and one a victim of my chemical attack. Two in the house were bark scorpions, but I only have pictures of one. The guy that was a victim of my attack was one of those giant super scary hairy ugly arizona scorpions, or whatever they call them. I don't think the poison killed him directly, rather I think he ate something that ate the poison which killed him. Here are a couple of pictures.

It amazes me that the giant ugly hairy one is way less "harmful" than the little wee one. *SIGH* God and His cruel jokes!

Justin
IGO

PostPosted: 8/16/2007, 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ah. That would be the Gigantum Supervius Perilous Folliclesis Yukaestheticous Arizona Arthropodicus.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
JustinHEMI05

PostPosted: 8/16/2007, 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats the one!!! Very Happy

Justin
ck1

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pat killed one last night on our patio. That's after having had Orkin out to treat the house a month ago, and then having Orkin out last week after Pat killed one on the kitchen floor.

Orkin's coming out next week. We're becoming pretty good friends with John the bug guy.

"The Journey is the Destination"
YH
Hooli Wants to be just like me!

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And I'm worried about ants on the counter.
jdahling

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Used that ploy to get the firemen out, did ya? Nice!

Can't blame a girl for trying, can ya? I would just like to let everyone know that it worked to. hehehehehe Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: