ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How long has it been?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
YH
Hooli Wants to be just like me!

PostPosted: 5/22/2007, 7:24 am    Post subject: How long has it been? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not really an out of state hike, but it will be an out of state walk on the beach. I'm heading to the coast (Pismo) for a few days to relax with my bride of 32 years. I was VERY young when I got married!

Have a great week!
Mark
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 5/22/2007, 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Enjoy, just got back from a week in the Caribean myself! Some nice beaches there too Smile

32 Years ....... wow!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 5/22/2007, 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Charity is a lucky girl!!!!! 32 years is awesome! Congratulations! Have a wonderful time! Don't forget the pictures! Hopefully we will have a TR up by the time you get back!

I want to shine!
YH

PostPosted: 5/22/2007, 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:

32 Years ....... wow!

As you can see from my avatar, Shocked it's hard to believe I could have been married that long!
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 5/22/2007, 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nothing like a little foreign (out of state sand) occasionally. We like Mexico in the tropics but we don't go to the big tourist destinations. The chicken buses will get us close to where we need to go and they will stop anywhere along the route, not just designated stops. I always take my girlfriend and a couple of packs, that is all that is needed.

I remember Pismo very well and I appear in some home "videos" that a young ladies distraught father took of me when I was 16 and he was running me off. He made sure to her displeasure that her vacation was very boring. Mr. Green

Tim, it has been almost 10 years since I have been to the Caribbean. Where did you go?
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 5/22/2007, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We went back to St. Maarten, with day trips to Anguilla, Saba and a small island called Prickly Pear off Anguilla as well. I started doing a write-up but only got to Tuesday on the trip. Hopefully by the weekend I may have it done. I'll see if I can get some pictures up as well.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 5/22/2007, 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cool Tim!
were going back to St. Lucia (Castries) for my b-day
and stopping in Dominica, St. Thomas, San Juan, Antigua on a 7 day cruise thingy. I'll be in San Juan for a good 15 hours. Nice!

lets see some pics of Anguilla

what i do
YH

PostPosted: 5/25/2007, 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I posted some photos...I still can't seem to figure out how to get one on the cover!

It was a nice and relaxing time in some cool air. Now I'm ready for the mountains!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 5/25/2007, 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome pictures YH! Some time on a nice beach and a nice clean hotel room would be kinda fun I think!

As for your high light picture.... just go into your album and decide which pic you want to use as the high light and click on <edit phot> beneath the individual picture. It will give you a drop down menu from which you click on high light photo and you will have a high light photo... I am not sure why it is not just setting you up with a default one though cause it usually just sets up the first photo as the default high light photo then you can change it if you want.....

I want to shine!
YH

PostPosted: 5/25/2007, 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[quote="Hikngrl"] Some time on a nice beach and a nice clean hotel room would be kinda fun I think! quote]

My wife is just not a backpacker, so I will have to suffer through occasional hotels and real food. Sure it's a sacrafice, but I'm just the guy to do it. angel Life is just so hard sometimes! (I wonder what other hardship I can "endure". Very Happy )
AFScout80

PostPosted: 5/25/2007, 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would be interested in hearing of nice, non-tourist beach towns in Mexico that would be worth checking out...if anybody knows of any.

Has anybody been to Costa Rica, Panama or Nicaragua?...though it has been a few years, I used to backpack and surf down there from time to time. Very beautiful countries with a lot to offer and not expensive at all. One trip I went alone for two months--saw all three countries on the Pacific and Caribbean coasts and only spent $700. It was an amazing time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: