ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Groom's Creek Loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/16/2003, 8:05 am    Post subject: Groom's Creek Loop Reply to topic Reply with quote

Got a relativly early start on this one on an incredibly beautiful day. Took off from the trail head and enjoyed cool to no more than warm temps all day. The small creek we found on the way in provided a wonderfully green area that if you didn't look close or simply step in it you would have never have known there was water there. The bright green was of course the give away. It was like finding treasure when we found the colapsed cabin along the way.

The ascent was pleasant and easily do-able by all. When we reached the lookout and climbed out on the rocks it took my breath away! What a glorious gift God gives us! I feel bad for those who don't go there and enjoy this view. There were so many colors and shades. So much wilderness and promise of a life time of exploration! I can't wait to see it all up close and first hand! Jim and I hung out there for a while and talked and reveled in the wonders of the this beautiful state we live in while Trish and Sheri went and explored the area.

On the second half of the loop we encountered an area just covered with lady bugs. I couldn't believe how many there were! They were blanketing the trees and rocks. The sky was so clear and the post card views were every where... little splashes of color in the wild flowers, mushrooms with zig-zaggity designs on top. One last small area gave us a creek to explore and follow for a few hundred feet befroe we got back on ther trail and headed back out to the trail head.

What a wonderful day! Thank you all who were part of it and thank you God for providing it!

I want to shine!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 9/16/2003, 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great post -- Might get me out to do the loop this weekend may be.. On the ladybug subject - I was up at Kendrick this past weekend & the top was crawling with millions of lady bugs - Incredible sight indeed!

BTW - How long did it take for you to do the loop ?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/16/2003, 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We did it in 4 hours and 45 min at a relativly relaxed pace. It was so fun!

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 9/16/2003, 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've spent a lot of time out on those rocks below the lookout. It is truly a wonderful view from there. Once I was fortunate enough to visit when the tower was occupied and got to go up into the lookout itself. Nice view there too.... Wink
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 9/16/2003, 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizona is indeed a wonderful state Exclamation

I'm glad you all saw the ladybugs too, totally awesome sight.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 9/16/2003, 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Once I was fortunate enough to visit when the tower was occupied and got to go up into the lookout itself.

Same here. My photos from that trip are on HAZ under the Isabella Trail. The last part of the Isabella forms the upper portion of the loop.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 9/20/2003, 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Quote:

Once I was fortunate enough to visit when the tower was occupied and got to go up into the lookout itself.

Same here. My photos from that trip are on HAZ under the Isabella Trail. The last part of the Isabella forms the upper portion of the loop.

Mike, I'm not fortunate to have a good digital like yours. So glad you shared your pictures on the HAZ site.

I went on the hike with Diane and 2 others, we had a great time. I've done Isabella twice, then did Groom's Loop. This is one of my favorite hikes.

Sheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: