ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZH 4th Annual Anniversary Shindig
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(0) (14) (5)
User
User
GTG
evenstar
wanderingsoul
Tom Treks
paintninaz
IGO
Hikngrl
Hnak
beckett
kurthzone
dreams_are_work
Valet2
CatValet
outside1
User
si na ti
Lizard
Cholla
Trishness
Suz
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/29/2006, 2:42 pm    Post subject: AZH 4th Annual Anniversary Shindig Reply to topic Reply with quote

We'll be celebrating ArizonaHikers.com's 4th anniversary
on February 24th, 2007 at Cave Creek Regional Park

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/cave_creek/Camping.aspx

We have the Group Campground reserved for Fiday night the 23rd and Saturday night the 24th.
There are full RV hookups, ramadas, tables, electrical outlets,
flush toilets, hot showers, fire ring and water.
Some pictures of the area are here

Camping fees will be $8.00 per night per car, collected by myself or Hoomer at the campground.
You'll need to let the gate watch know you're camping with Arizona Hikers to pass without the park entrance fee.

Folks just coming in for the hiking and festivities for the day will need to pay the $5.00 park entrance fee at the gate.

We'll have the usual potluck, PM me with your additional guests and menu additions and I'll add them to the list.

I am bringing my Chuckers game, Hikingrl is bringing her Blong Ball game, does anyone have a horseshoe set?

Some of you may be interested that there is a horse riding outfit in the park that will rent horses. I'll post more information about them soon.

Everyone needs to remember that the park rules allow beer and wine but no hard liquor. Also no glass beverage containers are allowed either.

I had Sprint service at the site, so all the other major carriers should work too.

There are multiple trails in the area. I plan on doing a clock-wise loop hike invloving the Overton Trail (2.1 miles) and the Go John Trail (4.8 miles) for a total trip length of 6.9 miles. You can do variations of longer or shorter jaunts depending upon your own tastes. I picked this small loop to get everyone back to camp early enough to cook, socialize, drink and EAT! Let's plan on starting to hike around 9:00 AM?

There are maps at the entrance, I suggest that you pick one up when you enter the park or you can download it HERE
We're going to need some firewood for both night. Any you could bring along would be great.

Thanks, more to come later.

GTG

Food:
Hooli: a couple of racks of slow cooked/smoked pork ribs.
Valet2: veggies, onion roll ups, and peppermint patties
HIG: grilled chicken breasts, and a couple of sides
dreams_are_work: salad and some kind of fruity dessert
GTG: honey wheat pancakes with or without blueberries and peaches, polenta with spinach, garlic and tomato and something else and firewood
beckett: a side salad and some juice for Saturday breakfast
Trishnes: a cheesecake or two
desertgirl: Veggie tray and some indian curry with rice
thesuperstitions: breakfast foods (eggs? bacon? pancakes? OJ?)
paintinaz: a big pot of Calico Beans and black bean and couscous salad
Hikngrl: some thing for a breakfast and some thing for a dinner
wanderingsoul: muffins and some fruit for the morning w/o pancakes & eggs and firewood
outside1: pot-O-chili
Suz

PostPosted: 12/29/2006, 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todd---Flush toliets AND showers??????????? wow! We're moving up, at this rate we'll be at the Biltmore next year. Not certain if I'll do one or two nights so I might change my registration.
IGO

PostPosted: 12/29/2006, 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can we camp on the Biltmore's lawn?
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 12/29/2006, 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice choice GTG, showers and everythang ... Hooli you are going to make it Smile
I'm penciled for both nights at the moment... Not likely that I'll change to only Sat night. Much easier to just get up for Sat hike than to drive there first.
Potluck is for Sat night right?? Now to put on the thinking cap for food...hmmm

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
ck1

PostPosted: 12/29/2006, 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like I'll miss this...I'll be in Vegas for the National Association of Secondary School Principals conference....last time I checked the Hilton had flush toliets and showers...so I'll be set as well!

Have a great weekend!

"The Journey is the Destination"
MChiker

PostPosted: 12/29/2006, 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would love to make it but I'll be performing that week! Sad

It'll be one of the most important performances of my undergrad days! Very Happy

Have a good time all who are attending! Wink
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/30/2006, 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As of right now, I'll be camping both nights but will have to check my schedule as to my weekends off. As the date grows closer, I'll PM you GTG for what I'm bringing for food.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/30/2006, 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The full RV hookups aren't in thr group CG, so I'll probably go over on Thursday and try to grab RV spot #30 which looks to be closest to the GCG. Also gonna try and get my big BBQ over there so I can smoke three racks of pork ribs for six or seven hours.....think even Diane would consider them well done enough Razz
Use my own special rub, mesquite chips for smoking and Jack Daniels BBQ sauce the last twenty minutes for nice carmelized glaze. Mr. Green
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/31/2006, 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
The full RV hookups aren't in thr group CG, so I'll probably go over on Thursday and try to grab RV spot #30 which looks to be closest to the GCG. Also gonna try and get my big BBQ over there so I can smoke three racks of pork ribs for six or seven hours.....think even Diane would consider them well done enough Razz
Use my own special rub, mesquite chips for smoking and Jack Daniels BBQ sauce the last twenty minutes for nice carmelized glaze. Mr. Green

Hooli is gonna really cook Applause
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 1/1/2007, 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:
Holli is gonna really cook Applause

I'm definitely going to have to make this one to witness this.

Shades
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/1/2007, 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HIG wrote:
desertgirl wrote:
Holli is gonna really cook Applause

I'm definitely going to have to make this one to witness this.

Shades

All depends on if I can get my full sized Weber BBQ into the Hoolimobile. Otherwise I'll come up with one of my world famous raw meat recipies Very Happy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
IGO

PostPosted: 1/1/2007, 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't have to go through Phoenix. I'll give this thing a shot!
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/1/2007, 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
I don't have to go through Phoenix. I'll give this thing a shot!
Ok
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 1/3/2007, 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Got to talk to the "old man" and see what nights we can be there... with our luxurious camper of course! I want to come out Friday and set up and then I could run back and get him when he gets home from work... so, tentatively we are planning on being there both nights...

I'll bring veggies, onion roll ups, and peppermint patties! (Not to be confused with the choc. covered mints... right, Diane? Rolling Eyes )

I'm so-o excited that Hooli is coming too... Yahoo!
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/3/2007, 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey! Y'all get your butts in here! Hooli's actuallly planning on leaving meat on the grill for more than 10 seconds! that alone oughta have crowds coming from miles around! Diane! fully cooked meat from Hooli! Where's your name in the list!?

And, as an added attraction, Hooli's gonna finish the Belling of Goatboy! Twisted Evil
Ever wonder what it'd look like to see a Goat do the chicken dance? And that'll just be the starter! Be there or be square! Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: