ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tim Davis(or anyone else)! Mt Ranier called!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfredricks

PostPosted: 12/21/2006, 11:15 pm    Post subject: Tim Davis(or anyone else)! Mt Ranier called! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry for the shout out to Tim. Oh, and hi all! Sorry for the absence!
Anyone want to sign up for Ranier together for this year? I would like to go.
Lemme know
thanks!
-Pete
"I am just going outside and may be some time."- Explorer Oates' last words before crawling out of his tent in -40 C temps. Sacrificed himself so as not to hold back his 1912 South Pole expedition teamates.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pete I thought your retired from Hiking? Hows the back?

Ranier is a bit small, don't you want an 18'er down in Mexico?

You going with RMI?

Lets talk!
Desert-Boonie

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll be doing Mt. Rainier this year, don't know where Mt. Ranier is? Laughing I'm shooting for July so if that's when you're going let me know. Remember me Pete?

Ken

"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
pfredricks

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

course I remember you Ken! I'd love to roll up there with you.
I plan on going with RMI...so I can properly learn the correct way of doing things. I know it can be done without them....but...since I don't really know anything about that place....
Tim and I are in negotiations right now..
I may have to go to mexico too this year to make this happen.
"I am just going outside and may be some time."- Explorer Oates' last words before crawling out of his tent in -40 C temps. Sacrificed himself so as not to hold back his 1912 South Pole expedition teamates.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When in July? Late July? I could probably get talked into going. I was hoping for early August. Ken, were you going with RMI as well?
LongStoryShort

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey sucka, maybe 08 for me? I'd like to one day do Raineer and Pico de Orizaba (you got me reading about it Tim).

I'd like to practice and learn on some smaller peaks first.
pfredricks

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I guess anyone that is interested PM me and we will get things scheduled up then.
Yes, Tim, i was down and out with the back thing......I ruptured the disc...but, then I realized I have several more, so no worries. Now that I can feel my leg....let's get back to it!
I think that I might be on Kurt's sliding in plan Very Happy

well, i think we will need plenty of cowbell for this one!
LongStoryShort

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Today Lookout Mountain, tomorrow Annapurna.
Desert-Boonie

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes I was going with RMI. I had it all set up to do it this year but went back to school so couldn't afford it, but there's no missing it in 07 for me. I don't know what date yet but wanted July. I was going to do the Three Day Summit Climb and that's $805 with them I believe. Their dates are listed for the climb already on their website. www.rmiguides.com I guess I'll have to PM you guys and see your plans.

"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
pfredricks

PostPosted: 12/22/2006, 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Annapurna...whew!

Here is one of my favorite mountaineers!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002045151_schoeningobit24m.html
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 2/22/2007, 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been chatting back and forth with TalusMonkey, one of our new members and he's doing Rainier in July as well. Our trips start 1 day apart though. He is going with RMI and 2 of his friends as well.

So we will just be getting to high camp as they will be coming down the mountain after the summit.

Small world sometimes!
pfredricks

PostPosted: 2/22/2007, 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

we hope
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 2/22/2007, 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The next day WE hope, that day THEY hope!
sbkelley

PostPosted: 2/26/2007, 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6:

I'm part of TalusMonkey's Rainier group, too. He and I will be on a rope with one of our Colorado buddies and it sounds like we'll be missing you guys by a day!
I'm living in Tempe right now, so will be looking for some local training hikes to get some altitude training before July. Been getting pretty active hiking around here (McDowells, White Tanks, Mazatzals, Supes, etc.) and try to go as much as possible on weekends. TalusMonkey and I are actually going for a backpacking trip on March 10-11 in the Superstitions if you'd like to join up with us.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 2/26/2007, 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll be in California the first 3 weeks of March. I wouldn't mind doing some training with you, unfortunetely I only have a few weekends here in town between now and July. Actually only have 3 weekends in Phoenix between now and July, so those 2-3 weekends in July will probably be spent up in Flag or down in Tucson.

You may want to checkout our Cactus to Clouds trip scheduled for April 14-15th. 10k+ elevation gain in 1 day Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: