ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Bobcat, Bobcat, Bobcat!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suz

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Bobcat, Bobcat, Bobcat! Reply to topic Reply with quote

ahhh, just looked out the bedroom window and saw a bobcat about to climb into my backyard. He has his FEET up on the block section of the fence. I screamed, (windows are open so he clearly heard me) he looked at me but didn't move....he had his sights on a BUNNY.

I recently through up some chicken wire to keep the 4,572 bunnies out of my yard but one of them has chewed off the plastic holding it in place and has bent the wire up....so one or two of them have managed to make their way into the yard again. I sort of figured if they were that smart maybe I should let them stay.

Anyway as zipped off for the camera---discovering the card was full (isn't that always the way) and jumped out the door....that darn cat was still there peaking over the fence with just his little eyes. He really was a pretty kitty. Well stepping into the yard scared the smart bunny and he headed for the bent chicken wire which is RIGHT where the bobcat was lurking.........I wanted to scream to save the bunny but I sort of wanted to bobcat to stand back up..........oh the dilemma.................if I screamed that was likely to scare the bunny over the fence......I could see the bobcat getting excited............

hang on I'll see if any of the pictures turned out..............brb
Hnak

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well???????
Suz

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I posted a picture in the soap creek album but I have got to be the ONLY person on this site that doesn't know how to pull those pictures into a thread. Embarassed
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool. a guy from work lives in your area and he saw a Bobcat the other night,also and it was unfazed by their presence. His neighbor said he also has seen Bobcat in the neighborhood recently.

My co-workers wife was trimming a large bush in their yard yesterday. She had cleared away most of the larger branches, reached under the bush to retrieve some of the smaller branches and to her horror, pulled a rattlesnake out from under the bush. Fortunately it was in a lethargic state, but she still almost had heart failure.

The fire department was called to come get the snake. Maybe Nighthiker was on the call.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
I posted a picture in the soap creek album but I have got to be the ONLY person on this site that doesn't know how to pull those pictures into a thread. Embarassed

No, I'm with you. Despite instructions from two different people it still doesn't work when I do it exactly as instructed. I've pm'd Tim's instructions to you. But when I do it I just get words inbetween where I put Imgs.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvj16&id=Bobcat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

okay so I can make a link work fine

[img]http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvj16&id=Bobcat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img]

so this is what I get when I attempt to post an image.....is it because Elizabeth and I are so handicapped? Rolling Eyes or because we are on dial-up?

maybe I'll try this
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvj16&id=Bobcat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

nope that didn't do it...maybe if I try removing the .php at the end???????
[img]http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvj16&id=Bobcat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo[/img]
nope

seems like I need a .jpg in there some place...hmmmmm

[img]http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvj16&id=Bobcat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.jpg[/img]
I give up! where is Tracy when I need her? dunno

Arizonaheat wrote:
Cool. a guy from work lives in your area and he saw a Bobcat the other night,also and it was unfazed by their presence. His neighbor said he also has seen Bobcat in the neighborhood recently.

Yes, it's turning into a bobcat town.....or this one is really on the prowl. My neighbors video taped a bobcat eating a bunny.....cat was not phased by the cameras either. Also heard that one kitty is sleeping behind a rock waterfall in the backyard of a house down the street and they have a DOG!
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You want to embed an image in a post, bring up said image and right click on it. Copy the properites line that ends in .jpg

now you make some brackets but make the square instead of curly like this;

{img}paste properties here{/img}

do not use any spaces
Suz

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ah, no right click on a mac........hmmmm let me try again

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=albvj16&id=Bobcat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img]

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=albvj16&id=Bobcat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img][img][/img]

4PM's 3 people helping and all the king's men and I still can't do it.

no right click....so I tried the control click as suggested and then selected open in a new window...it's not giving me the .jpg just a photo.phb.....so there's the problem....can't get the address for the picture.

are you still following Elizabeth? we'll get this figured out!
DesertDog

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:

Yes, it's turning into a bobcat town.....or this one is really on the prowl. My neighbors video taped a bobcat eating a bunny.....cat was not phased by the cameras either. Also heard that one kitty is sleeping behind a rock waterfall in the backyard of a house down the street and they have a DOG!

Come on, admit this is a hoax.

That is obviously a sock puppet. Rolling Eyes
Suz

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DesertDog wrote:
Suz wrote:

Come on, admit this is a hoax.

That is obviously a sock puppet. Rolling Eyes

I think I got it!!!

ah ha! I had to do Control/Click (thanks Mike!) and then I had to select VIEW IMAGE which opened a new view of the picture ONLY which gave me the .jpg address that I needed. This must have been the missing link!

Wow, I feel so successful........thanks everyone Ok Spinning on my head Yahoo!

Come on Elizabeth...it's your turn now!
DesertDog

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How come there are no paws on the wall? Confused

I think I can see the top of your head in the lower right...........
Suz

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well TED!!!! When his paws were on the blocks his mouth was in the chicken wire. We aren't raising stupid critters out here in Gold Canyon....the bobcat figured out that when he crouched down low the only thing left for him to do was open his mouth and the bunny would drop staight into it.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are there pictures of the bunny buffett?
Inquiring minds want to know.

GTG
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Been observing bobcats in the afternoon when I ride. Came back from camping the other day, was not me removing the snake. Lately though been removing them from garages. Bobcats like dry dog food.
DesertDog

PostPosted: 11/16/2006, 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Well TED!!!! When his paws were on the blocks his mouth was in the chicken wire. We aren't raising stupid critters out here in Gold Canyon....the bobcat figured out that when he crouched down low the only thing left for him to do was open his mouth and the bunny would drop staight into it.

OHHH! Well, then.......that explains everything! Cool

sock puppet Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: