ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What beast this be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/9/2006, 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's a turkey vulture...

http://jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu/birds/ohio_birds/images/turkey_vulture_underside_10_17.jpg
IGO

PostPosted: 10/9/2006, 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
IGO wrote:
If their proximity is relative to my aging them Hooli can probably hitch a ride just about anyplace.

Hooli, like fine wine and prime beef, is aged to perfection! Silly

....aged beef. Sounds 'bout right. Kinda like the frig went.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
azhiker96

PostPosted: 10/9/2006, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aged beef....

Hooli, get some clothes on!

......okay, okay, I know....Shush me.
evenstar

PostPosted: 10/9/2006, 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hnak wrote:
It's a turkey vulture...

http://jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu/birds/ohio_birds/images/turkey_vulture_underside_10_17.jpg

TURKEY vulture hovering over IGO....how appropriate is that!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
IGO

PostPosted: 10/9/2006, 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hnak wrote:
It's a turkey vulture...

So I'm a turkey!? Very Happy
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
IGO

PostPosted: 10/9/2006, 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azhiker96 wrote:
Aged beef....

Yep. Frig went!
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/10/2006, 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
Hnak wrote:
It's a turkey vulture...

So I'm a turkey!? Very Happy

Just make sure that you're not a "T. V. dinner".... Rolling Eyes
evenstar

PostPosted: 10/10/2006, 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azhiker96 wrote:
Aged beef....

pretty buff for a semi-old guy, doncha think? Multi
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/10/2006, 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Too much time in the tanning booth, I'd say....
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 10/10/2006, 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What beast this be? Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
This guy circled me for an hour. I didn't feel like buzzard bate?
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvi65&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

The largest known concentration of Turkey Vultures during migration in the United States and Canada occurs during the last week in September and the first week in October near Weldon, California. During the Kern Valley Vulture Festival between 1,000 and 4,000 Turkey Vultures are sighted daily.

Feeding
Diet: Mostly carrion. Feeds mainly on dead animals, preferring those recently dead (that is, relatively fresh carrion). Occasionally feeds on decaying vegetable matter, live insects, or live fish in drying-up ponds.
Behavior: Seeks carrion by soaring over open or partly wooded country, watching the ground and the actions of other scavengers. Can also locate some carrion by odor: unlike most birds, has a well-developed sense of smell.
(maybe you'd want to chuck that old, polypro shirt IGO...)

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
IGO

PostPosted: 10/10/2006, 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

T.V. Dinner..........
I can see the sap dripping off of that one Hnak. Silly
IGO

PostPosted: 10/10/2006, 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What beast this be? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cynhikr wrote:
IGO wrote:
This guy circled me for an hour. I didn't feel like buzzard bate?
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvi65&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

The largest known concentration of Turkey Vultures during migration in the United States and Canada occurs during the last week in September and the first week in October near Weldon, California. During the Kern Valley Vulture Festival between 1,000 and 4,000 Turkey Vultures are sighted daily.

Feeding
Diet: Mostly carrion. Feeds mainly on dead animals, preferring those recently dead (that is, relatively fresh carrion). Occasionally feeds on decaying vegetable matter, live insects, or live fish in drying-up ponds.
Behavior: Seeks carrion by soaring over open or partly wooded country, watching the ground and the actions of other scavengers. Can also locate some carrion by odor: unlike most birds, has a well-developed sense of smell.
(maybe you'd want to chuck that old, polypro shirt IGO...)

I pulled out my detures and shook'm at him but he still wouldn't go away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: