ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mclaughlin Group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you watch Mclaughlin Group?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Who is Mclaughlin?
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 27

Sparrish

PostPosted: 9/8/2006, 5:36 pm    Post subject: Mclaughlin Group Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK--how many of you watch the Mclaughlin Group on Friday when you are in town?
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/9/2006, 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad to see I'm not alone in the "who?" dept!
Sparrish

PostPosted: 9/9/2006, 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Glad to see I'm not alone in the "who?" dept!

Issue #1: I find your posts thoughtful and insightful; you are obviously very intelligent and concerned about the world and the foreign policy of the US.

Issue #2: It is however, somewhat surprising that you watch the show as you did not score all that high on the "Nerd Test" and are considered more of a dork (anecdotal evidence) than a nerd (solid scientific survey evidence).
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/10/2006, 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, I don't watch the show. That's why I'm in the "who?" dept! I've never heard of the show. In fact, I haven't watched TV at all in over a month. Also, you didn't say what station it's on--I live in the mtns. so it may not even be available--our cable service doesn't carry everything. I used to watch the news--all varieties and flavors, about 3 hours a night. I decided it's a waste of time, so I don't any more. I read a weekly news magazine, read the Republic occasionally, Internet headlines, that's about it.

I grew up in a highly politicized family. We argued politics, current events and history around the dinner table. Now that I'm older I've tired of it to a certain degree, especially of having people I know all around me telling me how to think, who I should vote for, etc. Also, my 4 siblings have polarized as to politics--two to the left, two to the right. I am staying out of it! I'm the baby sister, so I'm allowed to play dumb if I want to. Also I'm rebellious. NOBODY is going to tell me how to think!

I do vote and belong to a political party, but I don't really agree with either of the major parties on everything, so have thought of switching to Independent.

If the old political saying "If you're not a part of the solution, then you're a part of the problem" were true then I'd be a part of the problem, because I've grown tired of the whole thing.

For an example of my thinking: the war in Iraq may be right or wrong, I don't think we know the answer to that yet. My son, a Marine Corps sergeant, was hit and hurt by an IED over there, so it's a bit close to home for me, but I still wouldn't try to be a foreteller of the future on that subject.
Sparrish

PostPosted: 9/10/2006, 6:49 am    Post subject: Ha ha Reply to topic Reply with quote

OH--I misunderstood--DOH! Awww Rats!
The show comes on Friday 8:30 pm on PBS, channel 8 in Phoenix.

Here is a lnk to the home page:
http://www.mclaughlin.com/index.asp

Here is Wkikedia link fpr a description of Mclaughlin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McLaughlin_%28host%29

I still think Issue# 1 applies to your posts.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/10/2006, 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you! Razz And yes, I do receive that channel, so will try to watch when I get the chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: