ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Chili Shindig 2003
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 6/29/2003, 5:53 pm    Post subject: Chili Shindig 2003 Reply with quote

Greetings all, as some of you may know last year a group of members from HAZ had scheduled a group hike up Humphreys. Due to forest closures related to fire risks we were not able to go on the hike. My answer to this was to have a group Chili Shindig at DWH's house. We had folks bring all types of food with the emphasis being on chili and salsas to be judged by all. I gave out HAZ t shirts and stickers that were provided by joe. Of the 65 - 70 or so folks that showed up, I think maybe a half dozen or so had actually met face to face, we all pretty much knew each other from the HAZ Forum. It was a blast and here are the pictures to prove it -
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album02&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Now it's another summer and fires have started but the forests are still open, there's a few more popular hiking sites besides HAZ and I'm hungry for a big group get together. It's my opinion we should have another Chili Shindig for all three of the popular sites that we know so well. -
www.ArizonaHikers.com
www.AZWilderness.com and
www.HikeArizona.com

I envision this as a fine get together for all and not limited to whateverhike.com members. If you know someone that enjoys hiking in the outdoors and likes a bit of chili, let them know.

I'm thinking August 16th or 23rd, place is undecided as of yet.
Or September 13th or 20th?

I'm not doing this to copy joe over at HAZ, anyone that knows me knows that I have been mulling this over for a few months now. I inquired with joe at HAZ to combine get togethers and he has respectfully declined and I can understand that.

Any questions? Any comments? Any complaints? For or against?
We could term it the Internet Hikers of Arizona 2003 Chili Shindig.
Let me know what you think and if you'd be interested in attending. I'll post this same message on HAZ and AZW as soon as I get back some responses here on AZH.

Thanks,
GTG
Group Stepdaddy
ArizonaHikers.com

GeorgAz

PostPosted: 8/15/2003, 11:08 pm    Post subject: Chili shindig Reply to topic Reply with quote

Any dates set yet?? September or October?? Im going to the Bay area in Sept, probably on the 12th + don't want to miss it!
k9hiker

PostPosted: 8/30/2003, 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What's the latest on this get together? IF a location is the problem, lets put our heads together. I'm sure we could come up with at least one good suggestion. Rolling Eyes
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 11/10/2003, 7:27 am    Post subject: Turkey chili????? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well.all.I made my white bean chicken chile and IT's ALL Gone! Was soo good!!Guess we'll have to wait till next year for "the event"! (or use left over turkey)!
Daryl

PostPosted: 11/10/2003, 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What if... we did this at the First Water trailhead on the 29th (Day of the big hike)???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: